• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Alternative to Normix?

Ninan

I've been prescribed the two weeks Normix, two weeks probiotics treatment by KDM but found my adrenals crash from Normix. I got a lot ef extra energy (stimulation?) and then when I quit they got much worse. Also immunity seems to have gone down which makes my chlamydia p. or whatever it is wake up.

Anyone know of a good herbal alternative to Normix? Something that doesn't stimulate (or "support", just makes mine worse) adrenals and isn't very estrogenic?

@Ninan - I'm not sure how Normix would be doing any stimulating, including of the adrenal glands. It literally is not absorbed by the body, and is only effective in the GI tract.

Ninan

It's pretty well known that abx is hard on adrenals and mine are very sensitive. I think it may have affected my immunity in some way and that gave my body energy which stimulated my adrenals to produce more cortisol. My adrenal situation is pretty complicated and extreme atm. Anyway, it doesn't really matter, it's very obvious I don't tolerate it. Do you know any alternatives to Normix?

ljimbo423

Yes, and I need something herbal. All abx seem have this side effect for me.

Hi Ninan- Berberine and oil of oregano are two very good herbal alternatives to Rifaximin. There was a study done with candibactin-ar and candibactin-br.

The two main ingredients of which are berberine and oil of oregano. The study found the herbs to be at least as effective as Rifaximin. Here is the link

Ninan

Hi Ninan- Berberine and oil of oregano are two very good herbal alternatives to Rifaximin. There was a study done with candibactin-ar and candibactin-br.

The two main ingredients of which are berberine and oil of oregano. The study found the herbs to be at least as effective as Rifaximin. Here is the link
Thanks! :thumbsup: I'll try berberine and hope it's not as high sal as oregano oil.

Aubry

I get from KDM: FC Cidal and Disbiocide (Biotics research) as alternative for Normix