• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Recommended autoantibody tests

jpcv

I thonk @Jonathan Edwards is the right person to answer this question... autoantibodies might show that you have some kind of autoimune response, but you don´t need them to diagnose ME and I think that there are no treatments based on what kind of autoantibodies you have.
Maybe they can help in ruling out other diseases if you have some atypical clinical features.
I have a ANA 1;160 but this information doesn´t help much.

Kenny Banya

Maybe they can help in ruling out other diseases if you have some atypical clinical features.
Thats the thing I'm wondering, since I only 'scrape in' on ME diagnosis (4 criteria 'met') but I don't seem to have anywhere near the supplementary issues that many others have.
I think I am atypical ME, so to speak.
The biggest issue I have is the symptom of post-exertional malaise - how can you identify PEM, if you're tired all the time anyway!!!!!

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
ME can be an "I don't know what it is, so I'll just call it ME" diagnosis. Make them do a through check for other possibilities. And no, I don't know what all tests that requires.