• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Glycoprotein cream results

fireflymd

Has anyone tried the new cream from GCMAFplus?

I never used MAFactive so I can't compare, but I have applied increasing amounts, so far up to a Dash on the specialty measuring spoons and seen no effect. No Herx or positive response.

I am unable to get the Nagalase test done in NY, so I don't have this marker.

Anyone else try this cream?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I never used MAFactive so I can't compare, but I have applied increasing amounts, so far up to a Dash on the specialty measuring spoons and seen no effect. No Herx or positive response.
I have not tried the newer cream but please note that GcMAF products generally take a while to show results in ME/CFS patients--either positive or side-effects. With injected GcMAF it took about 2 months to experience positive changes. At 4 months I realized that my dose had been too high as I began to experience cumulative inflammatory symptoms. I noticed the same thing with the MAFactive cream--inflammation developing several months in. Just a word of caution.

drob31

Has anyone tried the new cream from GCMAFplus?

I am unable to get the Nagalase test done in NY, so I don't have this marker.

Anyone else try this cream?
is it even stable in a cream?

fireflymd

I have not tried the newer cream but please note that GcMAF products generally take a while to show results in ME/CFS patients--either positive or side-effects. With injected GcMAF it took about 2 months to experience positive changes. At 4 months I realized that my dose had been too high as I began to experience cumulative inflammatory symptoms. I noticed the same thing with the MAFactive cream--inflammation developing several months in. Just a word of caution.

It's curious because on the Facebook page there are all these people talking about herxing after even one dose.

The fact it took 2 months for you to notice an effect from injected GCMAF is reassuring, but I have been steadily and slowly declining, so I'm not sure I would be able to tell a reaction.

I have an entire container to get through, so I guess time will tell.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
It's curious because on the Facebook page there are all these people talking about herxing after even one dose.
I've never been sure whether what they are describing is actual herxing. I did often notice an uncomfortable response on the 3rd or 4th day after a dose as that is supposedly when the macrophage activation is at its peak. But it never lasted more than a day. Some on the Facebook sites are using it every day, which would bring a continual reaction of that sort. The doctor overseeing my use of GcMAF did not want us to get any negative reactions (or take it more than once per week as the activation cycle is about 6 days)--he didn't think these reactions were good--so he would lower the dose for those who experienced them.

I had fantastic results after injections Gcmaf.
But I bought now a
Glycoprotein cream
for myself and noted that there is no result at all (((
I have strong bradykinesia, and if I do not take it, it increases for several days almost to paralysis.

I tried to make a replacement for the cream and almost can not move my fingers.

fireflymd

I had fantastic results after injections Gcmaf.
But I bought now a
Glycoprotein cream
for myself and noted that there is no result at all (((
I have strong bradykinesia, and if I do not take it, it increases for several days almost to paralysis.

I tried to make a replacement for the cream and almost can not move my fingers.
I have not seen any result as well. I started the cream a month ago. Since there was no reaction I now apply it as a face, neck and décolletage cream every night, and still nothing.

Starting to wonder. Not seeing posts from anyone who used the old cream to compare.

Not tried it yet but seen their fb page and unable to understand how people respond so quickly, when it time to effect. Hopefully it will work..