• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Earthing: getting back outside your feet back on natural earth and absorb the suns rays

Kenjie

I have read that earthing is a natural way to help heal our bodies... I will try anything for good health and wellness.. So two days ago I started to spend a little time outside...

Due to health issues Ive spent most of the last 6 yrs indoors unless I was out n about doing errands or something.. Sure I ventured out but being inside more became habit..

I may even go barefoot as often as possible.. Won't care if people stare.. Maybe not so much in winter but right now its a start before the frost sets in...

No harm in trying right.. You have nothing to lose. Anything is worth a shot. Don't know if ya don't try.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Feel free to try it but don't expect any real improvement.
Its easy to fall into a trap of trying out there things out of desperation, but you can do a lot of harm from becoming cynical to wasting money to trying toxic treatments that can cause more harm than good.
Anyone can invent a theory and thats why we need (good) science, to weed out nonsense from facts.

TigerLilea

@Kenjie If you haven't been outside in almost six years you should probably get your doctor to check your 25(OH)D levels as you are probably deficient in Vitamin D.

If walking around outside with barefeet helped to heal our bodies, I would be the healthiest person around. Even in the winter I'll sometimes go outside without shoes when I'm putting out the garbage.

Neunistiva

@Kenjie If you haven't been outside in almost six years you should probably get your doctor to check your 25(OH)D levels as you are probably deficient in Vitamin D.

If walking around outside with barefeet helped to heal our bodies, I would be the healthiest person around. Even in the winter I'll sometimes go outside without shoes when I'm putting out the garbage.

And astronauts in space stations would be the sickest.

Same for me. I only put shoes on if I absolutely have to :p

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
I have read that earthing is a natural way to help heal our bodies... I will try anything for good health and wellness.. So two days ago I started to spend a little time outside...

Due to health issues Ive spent most of the last 6 yrs indoors unless I was out n about doing errands or something.. Sure I ventured out but being inside more became habit..

I may even go barefoot as often as possible.. Won't care if people stare.. Maybe not so much in winter but right now its a start before the frost sets in...

No harm in trying right.. You have nothing to lose. Anything is worth a shot. Don't know if ya don't try.

Exposing yourself to sunlight in the morning helps with setting your circadian rhythm so it should help with feeling more sleepy at night and more awake in the morning. I think I've heard that 15 minutes is good enough and you shouldn't be wearing sunglasses. You want the sunlight to be hitting your eyes and thereby hitting your retina.