• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Something that's helping with digestive problems

Kes

Hi guys, it's my first post on here. I thought I'd start with something I've found helpful on the off-chance it might help somebody else a little :).
I've found flaxseeds really helpful when I'm having problems with bloating / indigestion which has become a problem the last 18 months or so. I don't grind them for this, they don't seem to work for me when ground. It seems to work better than anything else I've tried like hydrochloric acid for example. I find it helps if I take some live yoghurt pretty regularly too. I take 2-3 teaspoons of flaxseeds when my stomach is bothering me or preemptively sometimes and the good thing is the effects seem to last. I may have to have them for a few days if things are bad but then things seem to settle down.

slysaint

Hi and welcome @Kes , thanks for your useful information. I've only recently found that fennel tea has the same effect for me, Anise or aniseed is supposed to be similar too.
Heard you being interviewed on radio 2 today:) But I'm guessing you are not THE Luther Blissett:D

Heard you being interviewed on radio 2 today:) But I'm guessing you are not THE Luther Blissett:D

I might be, or I might be this Luther Blissett,

51X8B2zNKvL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Who knows ;) :D

Kes

Thanks Luther and cheers for the fennel tea/ aniseed tip. Always good to have other options to try...