• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMF website address change- www.omf.ngo

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Worldwide%20tour%20w%20OMF%20logo.png

We are excited to announce Open Medicine Foundation ® (OMF) has shortened our URL to

www.omf.ngo

This new secure address is shortened to make accessing information easier for you.
Our new email addresses have changed with our new URL.

We remain committed to open and collaborative partnerships with patients, parents, caregivers, researchers, clinicians, and the OMF family worldwide.

Thank you for your ongoing partnership.

Linda Tannenbaum (Linda@omf.ngo)
Marilyn Simon-Gersuk (Marilyn@omf.ngo)

Thanks,

B

Ben H

(FWIW the old addresses should continue working and redirecting, but there are some issues with them that are being worked on, however we suggest simply using the new address from now on).

:)

B

Ben H

I would guess the key reason is that the new URL is a secure, https one. At the same time the name has been shortened to something much more manageable.

@Ben Howell: Remember to update your signature.

Give me a chance Barry :p

Only kidding- thanks for the reminder!

B

Barry53

.ngo= non-governmental organisation

As im sure you know.

B
I did not until I did a search earlier, and amongst the zillions of hits looked at https://www.councilofnonprofits.org...vailable-has-your-nonprofit-reserved-its-name, which clarifies the reason for .ngo domain names. The old .org domain is much abused, and is used by various commercial organisations. My understanding from this article is that some measures are taken to limit the issuing of .ngo only to those who warrant it ... time will tell if this actually works out in practice.