• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AFME and AYME Merger

Yogi

https://mobile.twitter.com/actionforme

https://www.actionforme.org.uk/news/action-for-me-launches-new-childrens-services-team/

Action for M.E. is pleased to announce the launch of our new Children’s Services Team.

Following mutual agreement with the Board of Trustees of the UK charity, the Association of Young People with M.E. (AYME), our Children's Services team will launch on Monday 3 April, when AYME will cease operating.

AYME’s Chief Executive Mary-Jane Willows will take up the position of Director of Children’s Services with us, and we are undertaking consultation with AYME staff regarding their transfer to our team.

Not really a surprise. Both these FAKE charities make good partners. Was hoping the corporate action notice would be liquidation or administration instead of merger.

Both supported and continue to support the PACE trial and the BPS psychiatrists.

https://mobile.twitter.com/actionforme
https://www.actionforme.org.uk/news/action-for-me-launches-new-childrens-services-team/
Not really a surprise. Both these FAKE charities make good partners. Was hoping the corporate action notice would be liquidation or administration instead of merger.
Both supported and continue to support the PACE trial and the BPS psychiatrists.

Looks like Esther Crawley's not being 'transferred' though
Qand A

"15.Who will Action for M.E.’s Medical Advisors be from Monday 3 April?
Action for M.E.’s current Medical Advisers are Prof Julia Newton and Dr Gregor Purdie.
This will not change as a result of AYME closing or the launch of Action for M.E’s Children’s Services Team"

Yogi

Qand A

Action for M.E.’s current Medical Advisers are Prof Julia Newton and Dr Gregor Purdie.
This will not change as a result of AYME closing or the launch of Action for M.E’s Children’s Services Team"

She will probably be in the background without being publicly named pulling the strings.

user9876

I suspect it is quite hard to keep fund raising to get enough money to cover staff salaries. And I assume that they both have paid staff. So I assume merging will help cut costs a bit. Also as they have bad reputations I assume less people are willing to donate money.

The Tymes trust runs entirely as a volunteer organization which is probably how it is viable without massive fundraising efforts.

We still won't be rid of Mary-Jane Willows!

13.What will happen to the AYME website?
The valuable information and support resources on AYME’s website will be moved to Action for M.E.’s website.

Presumably that will include the spin from Crawley?

AYME Trustees Colin Batten and Eric Mercer have been appointed to the Action for M.E. Board of Trustees from Monday 3 April. They will work with Action for M.E. to ensure that children’s services are an integral part of our work.

This sounds terrible. AYME's board decided they would not even support calls for the release of the PACE data Matthees was having to fight for.

Action for M.E., including its Children’s Services Team, will continue to provide information and support that empowers people to make informed decisions about living with the impact of M.E.

Yeah, they've been so great in information patients about the problems with the PACE trial. How empowering.

Cinders66

I think it's more a giving AYME a place rather than a merger as I remember on AYMEs Facebook there were posts practically begging for money to continue their work , so I assume they were struggling. But you don't get financial donations when your advisor tells the world how treatable CF is, so I don't have sympathy. AFME likewise plays on what a small charity they are, yet Also they're the leading (biggest) support charity. If they can't recognise that a serious illness , affecting double MS , should be able to bring in both members (not "supporters") and money and the fact we can't suggests something seriously wrong with the name and branding then what use are they? I haven't seen any action to fight the" ignorance, neglect and injustice" from them this year, except a social care meeting maybe at the Appg And a forward ME meeting , how's that worth the CEOs £60,70 000 salary?

Anyway, they're both support and info group based around helping people self manage, so it makes sense to cut down from the 6 charities around for ME in the UK. I'd like to see MEA & MERUK merge and pool resources too. Then perhsos instead of six representatives all attending the saMe meetings we could see staff devoting energy to campaigning and advocacy

Last edited:

MEMum

Qand A

I 'like' that EC is not being formally transferred - also like the new Avatar. Must get round to getting myself one.

@Binkie4 don't feel too bad re being uninformed. Many of us were initially duped. It's natural to assume NICE guidelines should be accurate, or that GOSH or AYME are providing up-to-date science-based approach.

Must get round to getting myself one.
maybe
images

or
_39905480_marge.jpg

one from the ME stock photos
Concerned-mum.jpg

my favourite:
images

char47

AYME have an online survey for 'false accusations against parents of children with ME/CFS, predominantly by professionals'
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oi...B5Q4NbGoBkdnXeBw/viewform?edit_requested=true

AfME are going to take it over:

"Children’s Services Team to pick up AYME survey data
March 23, 2017

We’d like to reassure family members who’ve filled in a survey into false accusations against families of young people with M.E/CFS launched by The Association of Young People with M.E. (AYME ) that the data will not be abandoned when AYME closes on Monday 3 April.

The data will be used by Action for M.E.’s Children’s Services Team to improve the services and support for young people and families affected by M.E. So if you’ve filled out the survey or are planning to do so, don’t worry, your input will not go to waste.

If you are a parent or family member of a young person who has M.E. you can fill out the survey online until 3 April."

Hope you are all suitably 'reassured' :rolleyes:

user9876

AYME have an online survey for 'false accusations against parents of children with ME/CFS, predominantly by professionals'
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oi...B5Q4NbGoBkdnXeBw/viewform?edit_requested=true

AfME are going to take it over:

"Children’s Services Team to pick up AYME survey data
March 23, 2017

We’d like to reassure family members who’ve filled in a survey into false accusations against families of young people with M.E/CFS launched by The Association of Young People with M.E. (AYME ) that the data will not be abandoned when AYME closes on Monday 3 April.

The data will be used by Action for M.E.’s Children’s Services Team to improve the services and support for young people and families affected by M.E. So if you’ve filled out the survey or are planning to do so, don’t worry, your input will not go to waste.

If you are a parent or family member of a young person who has M.E. you can fill out the survey online until 3 April."

Hope you are all suitably 'reassured' :rolleyes:

I don't see how they will get anything useful from the questions in terms of offering services. The questions don't really say much apart from yes we had trouble.