• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AHCC, Equilibrant, Inosine, Lauricidin

fireflymd

I am treating elevated EBV Early Ag antibody with Valtrex 1 g four times a day.

I started AHCC months ago for low NK cells, and they did increase modestly, from 9 to 16.

I recently started LDN and topical GCMAF cream.

I also have elevated Coxsackie B4 titer and elevated HHV-6 and parvovirus, so I'm interested in other anti-viral treatments.

Would I be duplicating anything by adding in Equilibrant, Lauricidin, Inosine?

Or is each mechanism of action different?

halcyon

Equilibrant contains shiitake extract which contains AHCC, that's the only duplication I see. Only other thing I can think of to watch is selenium intake if you are supplementing with it separately as Equilibrant contains some as well.

fireflymd

Equilibrant contains shiitake extract which contains AHCC, that's the only duplication I see. Only other thing I can think of to watch is selenium intake if you are supplementing with it separately as Equilibrant contains some as well.

I appreciate your responding. Some days I just can't think well enough to work this out myself. Thank you!

Hip

I also have elevated Coxsackie B4 titer and elevated HHV-6 and parvovirus

Parvovirus B19 can cause ME/CFS on its own, and is treatable with intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG). Has any doctor commented on your high parvovirus titers?

keenly

I am treating elevated EBV Early Ag antibody with Valtrex 1 g four times a day.

I started AHCC months ago for low NK cells, and they did increase modestly, from 9 to 16.

I recently started LDN and topical GCMAF cream.

I also have elevated Coxsackie B4 titer and elevated HHV-6 and parvovirus, so I'm interested in other anti-viral treatments.

Would I be duplicating anything by adding in Equilibrant, Lauricidin, Inosine?

Or is each mechanism of action different?

I would add Lauricidin, it is very well tolerated.

Your plan sounds good. Inosine would depend on uric acid levels.

fireflymd

Parvovirus B19 can cause ME/CFS on its own, and is treatable with intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG). Has any doctor commented on your high parvovirus titers?

No. I showed them to Dr. Enlander, but he never commented on it. It was interesting because he had ordered the viral titers, but he did not address any of them. He sold a powder to make GCMAF yogurt, gave me Hepapressin injections, and when I did not improve after 2 months he told me he had nothing else to offer.