• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Insurance at OMI?

bspg

Plant Queen
I'm wondering if anyone could knows if OMI takes Medi-cal or Medicare? Or if you have Medi-cal and were able to get them to pay for anything at OMI?

Thanks!

Mary

Moderator Resource
I'm wondering if anyone could knows if OMI takes Medi-cal or Medicare? Or if you have Medi-cal and were able to get them to pay for anything at OMI?

Thanks!

I saw Dr. Kaufman in September 2015. I had to pay cash for the initial visit and the follow-up by phone; however, almost all of my lab work was covered by Medicare. I did have to pay out of pocket for the adrenal saliva test and maybe one other thing, I can't remember, but it wasn't a lot.

I didn't have lyme testing done.

A few months afterwards I got a bill from Quest for around $800 I think - Medicare had rejected some of the lab work. so I called Kaufman's office and they handled it. I forget who I dealt with, but she got it taken care of and Medicare paid.

TrixieStix

Thanks!
As Mary stated, all office visits, phone follow up appts are private pay only (no insurance). But as far as blood work goes many people are able to get a portion (in my case most of it has been covered) of the lab work covered by their insurance. I have Medicare as primary and Medicaid as secondary.