• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stomach in your throat

confetti11

Does anyone else get this symptom too? It has a sensation of your stomach creeping up your throat. It comes with sort of an anxious or restless feeling. Sort of feels like you could throw up but you're not really nauseous...until you actually are nauseous (which happens easily and within seconds) and then you have to either eat or distract yourself someway to calm it down. I have this symptom all the time. I mean, sometimes it goes away, but it happens a lot. Especially when I'm in a backslide.

ukxmrv

I don't recognise this but have nausea .

Does it happen when you are sitting or lying or in relation to anything else like eating?

JaimeS

This is why they say "I felt my gorge rising". I, too, feel this way when I'm very, very sick. To the point that talking makes me feel more nauseated. I wonder about the mechanism...

confetti11

This is why they say "I felt my gorge rising". I, too, feel this way when I'm very, very sick. To the point that talking makes me feel more nauseated. I wonder about the mechanism...

Yes, talking definitely can make me feel more nauseous when I'm having a really hard time. It's absolute misery for me to get caught in a conversation when I feel like this.

confetti11

Could it be reflux? Have you tried taking an antacid to see if it helps?

Hi daisybell, I've had this symptom for 17 years and nothing helps it except eating and moving around. And that barely helps. It's accompanied usually by that vibrating sensation (in my torso) that I hear people mention here from time to time. It looks like only anxiety from the outside but isn't. I'm suspecting histamine at this point.