• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

OMF changed website?

necessary8

Last edited:

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
@Ben Howell , any insight you can offer here?

Hi guys,

I believe there have been some issues lately with the website and it looks like its happening again. I have sent an email to Linda and will update this thread when I know whats going on-thanks for bringing it to attention!

I do not think the website url has changed, I think its a case that the website is just down but will let you know.

Thanks,

B

Ben H

Hi guys,

It should work fine now. It was part of an update to a more secure website (you should see the lock in your browser).

So yes, it's should now be fine and back to normal. Thanks for updating me and please do so again if you notice it at any point (though it shouldn't from now on).

B

necessary8

Hi guys,

It should work fine now. It was part of an update to a more secure website (you should see the lock in your browser).

So yes, it's should now be fine and back to normal. Thanks for updating me and please do so again if you notice it at any point (though it shouldn't from now on).

B

Ben, it's not so much that we're having trouble with the website, it's that we want an official confirmation that the website under https://omf.ngo is legit, and belongs to the OMF, and is not a counterfeit copy made by some cybercriminal to steal our donation money. Can you provide that confirmation?

Ben H

Ben, it's not so much that we're having trouble with the website, it's that we want an official confirmation that the website under https://omf.ngo is legit, and belongs to the OMF, and is not a counterfeit copy made by some cybercriminal to steal our donation money. Can you provide that confirmation?

Hi @necessary8

I understand.

Linda has confirmed this is correct:

"It is now being forwarded to www.omf.ngo. This is now the secure site. At this time, you type www.openmedicinefoundation.org and it properly now goes to http://www.omf.ngo./ .

Thank you for asking. We will be letting people know this next week..."

Thanks,

B

me/cfs 27931

@Ben Howell I'm going to hold off on asking people for more donations until the security certificate issues are fixed. It really is that important this be fixed, thanks.

https://omf.ngo/ said:
This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to omf.ngo, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

omf.ngo uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates.
An additional root certificate may need to be imported.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

If you understand what's going on, you can tell Firefox to start trusting this site's identification. Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is tampering with your connection.

Don't add an exception unless you know there's a good reason why this site doesn't use trusted identification.

Last edited:

Ben H

@Ben Howell I'm going to hold off on asking people for more donations until the security certificate issues are fixed. It really is that important this be fixed, thanks.

Hi @Webdog

I have forwarded this on to Linda and will respond when I get a reply. Its fine on my mobile browser (safari) but clearly not on Firefox.

Thanks for letting me know,

B

me/cfs 27931

Just got this message
I'm no longer getting any security messages from Firefox. Looks good on my end.

ETA: I haven't gone through the donation process to see if it's working properly. Someone should verify that.

Last edited:

Neunistiva

I just donated with paypal, donation process went perfectly.

Only at the very end when it redirects you back to website there is a message "There’s a problem with this website’s security certificate." I think it's probably redirecting to the old address. That has nothing to do with the donation process, it's issue with the site redirect.