• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How long did it take before you had benefits from isoprinosine?

Hi, I'm new here. My English isn't very well, I'm sorry for that.

There's something I would like to talk about with cfids-ers.
I've been very ill for years. It's getting better, but I suffer a lot from allergies and I often have infections etc. At the moment I'm searching for information about drugs which can inprove my immunsystem. I take isoprinosine in a low dose for three weeks now, chinese herbs for allergies for four weeks and I ordered immunextra (pine cone extract). The chinese herbs seem to do a little something, about isoprinosine I'm not sure. I guess it's to early to know.

Did you had benefits from isoprinosine, and if so, how long did it take before you noticed?
I would like to take the Immunextra today. But maybe I have to be patient and see what isoprinosine does for me... :worried:

Dr. Yes

Shame on You
Hi Katja,

My English isn't very well, I'm sorry for that.

Don't be sorry, the English cannot speak English well either. :Retro wink:

I haven't tried isoprinosine myself, but some others on this forum have. Hopefully they will answer eventually, but in the meantime here are a couple threads in which experiences were discussed:

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/sh...e-treatment-for-ME-CFS&highlight=isoprinosine

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/sh...Isoprinosine-Immunovir&highlight=isoprinosine

leaves

I think in general you can expect to see results at around 3 to 4 months, when you follow the Cheney protocol dosing wise.

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
I think in general you can expect to see results at around 3 to 4 months, when you follow the Cheney protocol dosing wise.

I saw results almost straight away. Isoprinosine is not a miracle supplement. It doesn't give me more energy for example. But it does boost my immune system, help me get over infections much quicker & markedly reduce inflammation.

In me personally I've noticed a big difference between lower dosages and higher dosages. Personally I feel best at 2 tabs, 3 times a day. So I take this dosage all the time (with some off days). If anyone else wants to try this high dosage I recommend regular uric acid tests.

Thank you for the feedback.
So it's very different; one person can have benefits right away, another person sees results after months. I have taken it one month. I took it in very low dosages to see if I'm not allergic to isoprinosine.

Right now I'm having a cold, or flu (something with fever etc). Two months ago also. Since I had cvids seven years ago I did many therapies, and some of them improved my health a lot. I can say maybe 9, or 10 times I got my health back for 75%. But every time I had a flu or cold I was back were I started. Because a virusinfection is a little disaster for a cvids-er like me, I began to take chinese herbs to suppres them. I did very well on them! (seven forest: Ilex 15, Viola and composition A)
Since a few months I cohabit (is this the right word?) with my boyfriend. Every time he has a cold, he infects me. And the herbs don't work anymore. Before the first flu this year I was doing so well!

My plan is to folow the dr Cheney dosing wise, at least I'll alternate the dose and I'll skip one week per month, so that my body will not get used to a dosage.

In me personally I've noticed a big difference between lower dosages and higher dosages. Personally I feel best at 2 tabs, 3 times a day. So I take this dosage all the time (with some off days). If anyone else wants to try this high dosage I recommend regular uric acid tests.

@Garcia, it's interesting to me that you do better one a low dosage. Do you know why? (or is this, like cvids, one big mystery :rolleyes:) Why do you recommend regular uric acid test if someone tries the high dosage? I'd tried to find information about this, and also about side effects of isoprinosine, but I couldn't fine none. And in the country I live, Holland, they don't know anything about isoprinosine and pine cone extract and stuff like that. In Holland they still think cvids-er should find a hobby or something, then they forget about cvids and feel great within a few weeks :(.

At the moment I'm thinking of taking isoprinosine and pine cone extract at the same time, because I'm getting a little desperate cause I get worse after every flu/cold. Does anyone know if this two drugs counteract each other? Many questions from Holland, but I think I can learn a lot here. :Retro smile:

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
@Garcia, it's interesting to me that you do better one a low dosage. Do you know why? (or is this, like cvids, one big mystery :rolleyes:) Why do you recommend regular uric acid test if someone tries the high dosage? I'd tried to find information about this, and also about side effects of isoprinosine, but I couldn't fine none.

Katja, I do better on a high dosage. I take 6 tablets a day all the time. 6 tablets is the higher dose in the Cheney protocol. On the lower dose (e.g. 2 tablets a day) I don't notice much benefit.

I recommend uric acid tests because Isoprinosine elevates uric acid levels. It is a good idea to measure if you are taking the higher dosage constantly to make sure uric acid doesn't get too high and cause gout.

Katja, I do better on a high dosage. I take 6 tablets a day all the time. 6 tablets is the higher dose in the Cheney protocol. On the lower dose (e.g. 2 tablets a day) I don't notice much benefit.

O, it must have been the fever... I read 2 tabs a day, instead of 2 tabs, 3 times a day.
Thank you for sharing this.

Since 4 days I'm on a high dosage, 6 tablets for 5 days. I've also made the desicion to take Immunextra at the same time. I have a feeling Immunextra does something for me, half an hour after I took it I felt less ill. But I can't believe it's from the tablets (but I do hope).