• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Peter White/Barts - comments on draft NICE guidelines - insight into their views

Chrisb

This letter from White came at a crucial point in history. It followed on from an earlier letter from Wessely which led to him being invited to give a presentation at a meeting, already arranged, at which Prof Thomas of the Royal Free was to give his views to a junior minister. It was only after that meeting that White wrote.

Unfortunately in the file for 1992/93 there is only an acknowledgment. The substantive response which must have been in the subsequent block of papers for 1994 would be interesting.

I think the papers are linked on the website of the Grace Charity. There was a recent thread on which the link was noted by @Countrygirl but at present I am in no fit state to find it.

Countrygirl

This letter from White came at a crucial point in history. It followed on from an earlier letter from Wessely which led to him being invited to give a presentation at a meeting, already arranged, at which Prof Thomas of the Royal Free was to give his views to a junior minister. It was only after that meeting that White wrote.

Unfortunately in the file for 1992/93 there is only an acknowledgment. The substantive response which must have been in the subsequent block of papers for 1994 would be interesting.

I think the papers are linked on the website of the Grace Charity. There was a recent thread on which the link was noted by @Countrygirl but at present I am in no fit state to find it.

Here you are @Chrisb https://www.thegracecharityforme.org/documents/

(I am sorry to hear you are not on the top of your bounce........I hope you improve very soon.:hug: )