• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

[US only]Vote for Bathrobe Heroines

Comet

I'm Not Imaginary
https://chicagovoices.lyricopera.org/Vote:
Chicago Voices put out a call in January to find Chicago-based groups that had compelling stories to share about their community. After careful review of the applications, by a panel from the Chicago Public Library, eight groups were selected for the semifinalist round!

The three groups who receive the highest number of votes will have the chance to develop their story into an original music theater work with the support of Lyric staff and artists.

Now it’s your chance to vote for your favorites!
Watch the videos below and select the story you find most compelling.

Jennifer J

Online voting ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on April 2, 2017 (“Voting Period”). Votes received after 11:59:59 p.m. CT on April 2, 2017 will not be counted.

At #2 now. Please vote, need to stay in Top 3.

Back at #1. As @*GG* wrote, please vote, we need to stay in the Top 3.

Wow, what a day. Who knew after being consistently #1 the past few weeks today's numbers would keep changing from third, second and first. Looks like the next 27 hours of voting are going to be quite exciting. :)

Please vote today and tomorrow for Bathrobe Heroines. Thank you!

https://chicagovoices.lyricopera.org/Vote

frenchtulip

Voting ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on April 2, 2017. Votes received after that time will not be counted. Here's hoping we can keep Bathrobe Heroines in the top three! Thanks to everyone for your great voting and support!

Last edited:

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Sometimes, and sometimes often, my computer I get the same message. I think cause I pay for slower cheaper service I get temporarily unavailable more so than others would.
I am on dial-up (cheap, slow) and it was particularly slow last night, so maybe that was the problem. I don't recall that it was slower than usual the night before.
@Little Bluestem, are you getting the pop up after you click on the 'Vote' button next to Bathrobe Heroines?
I was getting the pop up last night, but not the night before.

I just successfully voted! :balloons: However, it is April 2 here in the Chicago time zone, so this is my last vote.

:star: Bathrobe Heroines is currently #1 :star:

Jennifer J

I press like on the post that show we are in 2nd and 3rd because they remind us to vote and that this is a close contest.

#3 now. Vote!

Bump! Vote! Back at #1!

It looks like the voting numbers are close, yesterday and today. We keep moving in our placement. Please vote today. It's the last day. We need to stay in the top 3 to win to have Bathrobe Heroines musical about ME/CFS.

The three groups who receive the highest number of votes will have the chance to develop their story into an original music theater work with the support of Lyric staff and artists.

Thank you everyone for your great voting, Chicago Voices for doing this and everyone that is involved in making Bathrobe Heroines happen! :)

https://chicagovoices.lyricopera.org/Vote

Last edited:

Jennifer J

Awww.... :( I want to joke and say you know who in the UK hacked the votes.

I'm wondering if the Bathrobe Heroines and any of us can make a case to Chicago Voice to see if maybe they'll go ahead and add a 4th winner to have Bathrobe Heroines musical produced and performed? We have been in 1st place this whole time up until yesterday. And it seems that voting results were close with all the position changes the last two days and within a short periods of time.

I'm still holding out that we can make this happen somehow. Any thoughts on this?

Good voting everyone. Thank you! :hug:

Edit: I just read this on their site under official terms and conditions, highlighted and enlarged word (potential) was done by me.

Award
At the close of the Voting Period, and subject to the foregoing, the 3 groups with the highest vote count will be selected as potential finalists to participate in the creative development process. For more information, see the Community Created Performances Frequently Asked Questions.

- See more at: https://chicagovoices.lyricopera.or...erformances/voting terms#sthash.eCt4e0ho.dpuf

Last edited: