• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Monash University researchers have discovered the mechanism underlying the fainting disorder, POTs

Seven7

Seven
The CCS scientists discovered chemical marks on the NET gene responsible for repressing or turning the gene off. They delved further and found that a repressor protein called MeCP2 together with a non-coding RNA (let-7i) was critical in the gene silencing.
In another exciting development, the researchers, collaborating with the Baker Institute’s Professor Murray Esler, demonstrated that the NET gene could be re-activated by using the FDA approved drug Vorinostat in blood cells derived from POTS study participants.

http://neurosciencenews.com/fainting-disorder-neurology-6293/

Hugo

The CCS scientists discovered chemical marks on the NET gene responsible for repressing or turning the gene off. They delved further and found that a repressor protein called MeCP2 together with a non-coding RNA (let-7i) was critical in the gene silencing.
In another exciting development, the researchers, collaborating with the Baker Institute’s Professor Murray Esler, demonstrated that the NET gene could be re-activated by using the FDA approved drug Vorinostat in blood cells derived from POTS study participants.

http://neurosciencenews.com/fainting-disorder-neurology-6293/

Thats huge. Very important research.

BurnA

Did You See they have Depression as a keyword under the article, and as for "Wiggles disease", hmmm.

Still, positive news, can we believe it?

Hugo

Did You See they have Depression as a keyword under the article, and as for "Wiggles disease", hmmm.

Still, positive news, can we believe it?

I didnt see anything in the article about depression though so it may be irrelevant.

No I see it now, I missed it in the article..it was for a possible future use of the drug and possibly use of the knowledge about the MeCP2 and RNA (let-7i). Dont really know why they think its suppose to help in depression and panic dissorder but maybe its because its norepinephrine transporter gene.

Last edited: