• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any doctors in Finland ?

@A.B. He can't be worse than the traditional doctors. And from what I read in that page, he seems ok. I'll let my friend know, its her choice from then. I'll let you know if anything comes off this. Thanks again. :)

JES

Polo is to my knowledge among the only doctors in Finland that offer some treatment for CFS (his most famous treatment is LDN). There are some other doctors like Markku Partinen who recognizes CFS, especially in children as there seems to have been some CFS/PANS outbreak recently among young children here, but AFAIK he has no good treatments at the moment.

JES

With regards to the flabby stomach etc., he was talking about EDS (skin hyperelasticity), which he finds a lot in his CFS/ME patients.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
With regards to the flabby stomach etc., he was talking about EDS (skin hyperelasticity), which he finds a lot in his CFS/ME patients.

That is what you might have thought but as far as I remember his talk consisted of saying that since it was unsatisfactory to diagnose ME on subjective symptoms like fatigue it would be better to diagnose it on 'objective' physical symptoms like having a fat tummy - which you could do because people with ME often have EDS. (A fat tummy is not actually a diagnostic feature of EDS.) Most people in the audience thought he was crazy to be honest. It made no medical sense to me at all.