• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

did anybody ever wake up like a zombie with major anxiety and fatigue

Johnskip

it happened to me about 5 times this year major pem episodes that I will be in a stare and anxiety ridden for hours unable to sleep having to go to the bathroom alot of times during night like I'm losing all bodily fluids then I'm exhausted for days it's absolutely awful and I can't believe I'm still alive but I refuse to get out of shape that's the way I want to live in the gym period!

Johnskip

I wake up like a zombie every single day. You'd be hard pressed to find someone on this forum who gets refreshing sleep.
Yes me too but I'm talking about about waking up 2 hours into sleep and then having panic coma like episodes where your body inside feels like it is going bonkers and your also in a coma and panic at same time

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
One possibility is hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).

Before I realized I was having low blood sugar episodes I could feel like I was having a mild seizure but only internally. I knew I had to eat but for a short time was so disoriented that I couldn't figure out how to eat even with food in front of me (parts of my brain had so little energy they could barely function). I would get shaky, have extra fatigue, stumble as I walked, slur my speech and couldn't speak at all sometimes. I would have anxiety and major irritability. If I tried to sleep through one of these episodes I would wake up feeling like I had brain damage for the rest of the day with extra fatigue. Eating regular small meals prevents these episodes.

Do those symptoms sound familiar to you?

If you have definitely have ME/CFS then living in the gym, or any kind of exercise past a certain threshold, will make you worse, possibly permanently. Many people here on PR have stories about exercising with ME/CFS and never recovering.

Johnskip

thankyou so much for replying I am really obsessed with my diet and body and always eating so I'm not sure about low blood sugar never had a bad test but I was an avid over exerciser all my life basketball player and gym goer and by pushing limits I actually believe that's why I'm in the position I'm in on the flip side deconditionimh to me is devestating and now I go and have toned down my workout bigtime and just let my bodyn dictate most days I doink around the gym and cant do much it's very disheartening to me

mrquasar

Yes me too but I'm talking about about waking up 2 hours into sleep and then having panic coma like episodes where your body inside feels like it is going bonkers and your also in a coma and panic at same time

Have you heard of sleep paralysis? What about sleep apnea? Check if your symptoms overlap with either of these two conditions. Just a possibility.

grapes

Could be about poor sleep quality. But I know from experience that I'd be careful assuming your adrenals are fine. My doctor did a blood cortisol test and said I was fine, but after reading that page I gave you, I ordered and did a saliva test and it proved I wasn't fine. I had low cortisol at waking and again at noon. But that's me.