• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Hale Clinic. Dr Andriana Tsagka-Cilliers

Has anyone heard of the above Doctor? She's a Functional Medicine Practitioner in London, at the Hale Clinic.
She seems to have very good credentials and I'm considering seeing her. She claims to have a high number of CFS patients, I'm just a bit wary she hasn't been mentioned in these forums anywhere.
I have found a few mentions to the Hale Clinic but I'd love to hear personally from anyone with any experience of this clinic or doctor, as it's VERY expensive!!
Thanks,
Rick.

trishrhymes

I'm sure you will have seen this on their web site about this doctor. I just looked it up out of curiosity and copied it here in case anyone else is interested.

Do let us know how it goes if you do decide to spend the money.

Being a wary person, I'd be concerned about the emphasis on emotional trauma, given the conditions she lists are all physical illnesses.

'Diploma in Child Health (Royal College of Physicians) Diploma in Geriatric Health (Royal College of Physicians) MSc in Medical Ethics, Imperial College London Ptychio Iatrikes ( First Class Honours) Finer print Dr Andriana is one of only two doctors in the entire UK, certified by the Institute of Functional Medicine USA, the Global Leader in Functional Medicine. She is also an NHS General Practitioner She has been registered with the General Medical Council for last 20 years with an impeccable track record Principles of Work I work in partnership with my patients, so it is crucial to truly • listen to Your story • address Your health concerns • and achieve Your health goals. In the journey back to health, we must address lifestyle and nutritional imbalances, assist detoxification and especially embrace emotional trauma. Mission Statement "The secret in caring for the patient, is in actually caring for the patient" Conditions Seen • Alzheimer's Disease • Parkinson's • ALL Autoimmune Conditions • Gut dysfunction, • Infertility • Chronic Fatigue • Cancer'

Cheesus

I looked her up literally yesterday or the day before, but couldn't find much. It is quite a coincidence that this has appeared now.

I was thinking about seeing her, but she is really, really expensive, so I am holding off for now. Also I feel like I have tried so many different things that I am kind of wary of doctors, because I feel like they will just have me doing stuff that I have already tried 5 times over. This has happened the last few times I have approached doctors.

Cheesus

It would be perfectly reasonable to as her for details of what treatments she offers for ME. And to ask for the scientific evidence base for these treatments before you spend anything.

We know the evidence on ME better than anyone. I suspect the answer would be that functional medicine treats the person, not the condition, and that treatments will depend on an array of very expensive testing.

I have just had another look at her prices. It is £280 per hour for her to review you intake questionnaire, then £490 per hour pro rata for a 60 to 90 minute appointment. So, for a complicated condition, you're looking at possibly over a thousand pounds before you have even done any testing.

Those prices are frankly extortionate.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
We know the evidence on ME better than anyone. I suspect the answer would be that functional medicine treats the person, not the condition, and that treatments will depend on an array of very expensive testing.

I have just had another look at her prices. It is £280 per hour for her to review you intake questionnaire, then £490 per hour pro rata for a 60 to 90 minute appointment. So, for a complicated condition, you're looking at possibly over a thousand pounds before you have even done any testing.

Those prices are frankly extortionate.

I don't even charge that much for acting as an expert witness in a multibillion dollar patent trial!
I would love to know how you get qualified to treat cancer, infertility and ALL autoimmunity. I restricted myself to a small proportion of autoimmune disease.

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
Just googled her - 5th result on page 1 was this:
upload_2017-3-20_10-50-7.png

A few of the usual suspects seem to have photo-bombed her google results :)

Nice job @Cheesus , proud to know you :thumbsup:

Cheesus