• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Folks here are sick but they have so much knowledge

ahmo

And others (like me :D) have very little of this knowledge and learned everything we know from smart friends on PR...
Exactly. I wanted to say more, but my concentration's pretty poor. When I first found I had to learn about methylation, it was overwhelming. I had to read things so many times over. And then learning Freddd's Protocol. The reason I compiled a Guide to FP was because I had to collect info to review. I have zero working memory. But using the search feature here, especially Google search at bottom of forum main page, will get you to most any topic. It is such a fantastic resource base we have here.:love:

alex3619

The reason why communities work is that problems in the world only get fixed if people engage with them. Problems don't fix themselves, and governments can't and wont address all problems in society. We have a deep need for answers and solutions here, and so we engage. We learn. It took some years for my knowledge to be useful. The more people we have, the more we contribute, the faster things move.

There is finally a resurgence in government and institutional interest, at least in the USA, Norway and Australia. Governments get involved when people get involved. There are also signs that some pharma companies aside from Hemispherx are interested in ME.

Its not a sin to not know something, especially with an ME memory, but its a strength to reach out and learn and to inform others. We all start learning somewhere, and its a lifetime need.

ash0787

What else is there for us to do though ? I met this transgender person recently which made me somewhat interested in it, so I looked into the biological aspects, turns out that gender isn't actually linked directly to the XY chromosome combination, nor is the sex differentiating 'code' isolated to the sex linked chomosomes, seems to be rather a specific gene called SRT acts as a switch which changes the expression of other genes throughout the persons genome, so there has been cases where a person has been born completely female despite having a Y chromosome because that gene is faulty, so theoretically a similar mechanism could produce someone who has equal activation of male and female gene code, contrary to what some of my political friends believe that gender is binary dependent on the presence of the Y chromosome.

There wouldn't be much point me looking into the biochemical aspects of CFS though because I lack enough of the prerequisite knowledge, its an interesting subject though, just not quite my thing.

hellytheelephant

Hi @maybe some day - many of us struggle with basic reading- never mind reading scientific studies etc! Also many of us on restricted budgets so not up for trying expensive supplements etc.
I feel very grateful for the experts on here- I learn very slowly- but I am also aware that things that help me are often things like pacing, or resting more comfortably, or asking for help when I need it both on PR and in real life.