• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Running out of CoQ10 pills, how hard will it hit me?

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
A relative was nice enough to buy me a bottle to try a few months ago, but i am running out and can't afford to buy more. It has helped somewhat with stamina and slightly with recovery time.
Has anyone stopped taking it even though it was helping, what should i expect?

belize44

I have had that happen, but it didn't hit me hard; I just felt more tired than my usual tired.

Alvin2

I have had that happen, but it didn't hit me hard; I just felt more tired than my usual tired.
Interesting, thanks
I dread being more gone then i am but its good to hear its just mo tired and not a crash

A relative was nice enough to buy me a bottle to try a few months ago, but i am running out and can't afford to buy more. It has helped somewhat with stamina and slightly with recovery time.
Has anyone stopped taking it even though it was helping, what should i expect?
wilkos do them (although the 'new' ones also have B1); Don't know how good they are but comparatively cheap £2.45 for 30:
http://www.wilko.com/vitamins-and-supplements/wilko-co-enzyme-q10-and-vitamin-b1-30pk/invt/0348328

Alvin2

@Alvin2 Any chance same relative will buy you another bottle if you tell them that it actually helped you?
Good luck!
I'm afraid not, they are on a fixed income and dipped into their food budget when i mentioned it in a conversation. I'll manage, i just wanted to know what to expect

Hip

Some much cheaper sources of Q10 are foundon AliExpress.com, typically around $200 for 500 grams of Q10 98% powder, or $60 for 100 grams.

I often buy from the seller G&E Nutrition on AliExpress.com, and find the quality of their products excellent.

For comparison purposes, Q10 ubiquinone powder bought at purebulk.com costs around $30 for 25 grams, and $200 for 250 grams.

L'engle

moogle
I wouldn't be surprised if someone on here lives in the same country and has some spare C0q10 lying around. Many people try supplements and then can't take the rest so the bottle just sits there. Might want to make another thread with that as the title, though I can understand that isn't always the most comfortable thing to do. I have some spare but I live in Canada. Shipping things like that across the border doesn't always go well (I'm assuming you live in the States).

Sounds like you have a good relative!

Alvin2

Some much cheaper sources of Q10 are foundon AliExpress.com, typically around $200 for 500 grams of Q10 98% powder, or $60 for 100 grams.
I'm not ready to buy unregulated no name supplements, who knows how much lead or undeclared ingredients are in them :(

Sounds like you have a good relative!
Thanks, they were very nice about it, and i hope in future i will be able to buy more. Its not a big improvement but every little bit helps

Hip

I'm not ready to buy unregulated no name supplements, who knows how much lead or undeclared ingredients are in them

The stuff I buy from G&E Nutrition on AliExpress.com usually comes with a certificate of analysis showing the levels of contaminants. And taste wise, the their Q10 tastes the nicest and cleanest of any Q10 powder I have bought, including Q10 from the West.

The next cheapest option is purebulk.com, based in the USA, which is double the price. Other similar sources of cheap Q10 include:

NOW CoQ10 Powder at Bodybuilding.com — 28 grams for $35

Amazon.com: BulkSupplements Pure Coenzyme Q10 — 25 grams for $24

Last edited:

Alvin2

The stuff I buy from G&E Nutrition on AliExpress.com usually comes with a certificate of analysis showing the levels of contaminants. And taste wise, the their Q10 tastes the nicest and cleanest of any Q10 powder I have bought, including Q10 from the West.
Etched in stone?
I'm not buying it, GMP was invented because fillers, lax standards, adulterants and poisonous ingredients cost less to sell then safe products.
A fake certificate takes about 5 minutes and a MS word template.

The next cheapest option is purebulk.com, based in the USA, which is double the price.
I would expect far less melamine, lead, mercury or other fillers in a product that has a paper trail, standards, is covered by FDA regulations (which are not even as strong as i would like) and is sold by a company that i can hold to account through the courts if necessary for illegal or dangerous products.

Hip

A fake certificate takes about 5 minutes and a MS word template.

Fake news and misinformation can also be made in 5 minutes: scare stories placed online or in the press scaring people away from buying products outside the ridiculously overpriced US market for medicines and pharmaceuticals, and the European market is not that far behind. It helps maintain Western pharmaceutical profit margins. Scare tactics seems to work: now for example consumers are irrationally scared of "fillers", because people try to sell their brand of supplements on the basis that the other guy's brand contain "fillers".

Goods may contain contaminants, but it is also important to be aware of fake science marketing tactics that are designed to scare and manipulate people.

The Chinese supplier in question is a GMP certified manufacturer.

Last edited:

Alvin2

Fake news and misinformation can also be made in 5 minutes: scare stories placed online or in the press scaring people away from buying products outside the ridiculously overpriced US market for medicines and pharmaceuticals, and the European market is not that far behind. It helps maintain Western pharmaceutical profit margins. Scare tactics seems to work: now for example consumers are irrationally scared of "fillers", because people try to sell their brand of supplements on the basis that the other guy's brand contain "fillers".

Goods may contain contaminants, but it is also important to be aware of fake science marketing tactics that are designed to scare and manipulate people.

The Chinese supplier in question is a GMP certified manufacturer.
So because misinformation is possible you should buy the product made in questionable factories from no name sellers? That makes no sense
I assume you have never heard of or have no interest in melamine milk, high lead counts in products or other contamination. Your buying from grey market (or worse) sellers who maximize profit by cutting corners while believing you know it all and are "beating the system".
Feel free to do what you wish, but don't expect me to agree to saving money by buying the metaphorical "genuine" Gucci from the back of a van.

Last edited:

Hip

I assume you have never heard of or have no interest in melamine milk, high lead counts in products or other contamination.

Not so much no interest, more a case of not becoming too neurotic about it. I have a friend whose paranoid about all these things. He's scared stiff to drink even tap water. I'd rather take a few risks than live like that.

Alvin2

Not so much no interest, more a case of not becoming too neurotic about it. I have a friend whose paranoid about all these things. He's scared stiff to drink even tap water. I'd rather take a few risks than live like that.
So you risk melamine or worse to save a few bucks and claim not doing so is paranoia? o_O

Hip

So you risk melamine or worse to save a few bucks and claim not doing so is paranoia?

I was talking about my friend when I referred to paranoid. With him, it's a something of an OCD thing. It's not just contaminants in foodstuffs; he's afraid of viruses and bacteria too. He gets freaked out when someone in the room has a cold.

I trust the "G&E Nutrition" company I buy from in China. I trust the certificate of analysis they send with each product I have bought from them. I cannot prove with total certainly they are safe and honest, it is more of a feeling I get, that they are a good company.

Alvin2

I was talking about my friend when I referred to paranoid. With him, it's a something of an OCD thing. It's not just contaminants in foodstuffs; he's afraid of viruses and bacteria too. He gets freaked out when someone in the room has a cold.
why refer to him if its not a talking point?

I trust the "G&E Nutrition" company I buy from in China. I trust the certificate of analysis they send with each product I have bought from them. I cannot prove with total certainly they are safe and honest, it is more of a feeling I get, that they are a good company.
fair enough, do what you feel is right, i am unwilling to buy from no name shady producers.

grapes

I often buy from the seller G&E Nutrition on AliExpress.com, and find the quality of their products excellent.

For comparison purposes, Q10 ubiquinone powder bought at purebulk.com costs around $30 for 25 grams, and $200 for 250 grams.

Hip, I could never find G&E Nutrition on AliExpress.com for ubiquinol--just another company. If you have a link, let me know. Also wish I could find a US source of powdered ubiquinol....

Hip

Hip, I could never find G&E Nutrition on AliExpress.com for ubiquinol--just another company. If you have a link, let me know. Also wish I could find a US source of powdered ubiquinol....

Perhaps G&E just sell ubiquinone, which is the usual more common form of Q10.

Ubiquinone converts to ubiquinol in the body, assuming that your body biochemistry is working OK. However, I read if you are older, your body finds it more difficult to perform the conversion, so then a ubiquinol supplement might be better.

Ubiquinol is also better absorbed than ubiquinone by a factor of 2.

But I understand that ubiquinol will oxidize to ubiquinone in the air, so you may buy ubiquinol, but once you open the packet, it starts to convert to ubiquinone. Apparently this can be prevented by adding alpha lipoic acid to ubiquinol. Furthermore, alpha lipoic acid can actually be used to convert ubiquinone to ubiquinol — see here.