• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Georgia House Resolution supporting ME/CFS Research--thanks Ryan Prior & Timbre Livesay

Forbin

There is a certain irony (or poetic justice) in the fact that this resolution (presented by a representative who explains that ME is a physical illness) was passed unanimously... just five miles from the CDC in Atlanta, where Dr. Reeves once held sway.

We hope to use the resolution and the assistance of Rep. Cooper to work with community health agency, medical board and the Medical College of GA to start getting ME taught and addressed, at least on some level. It will be long and slow but that's our hope. We are also hoping it can be replicated in many more states. ME Action will be putting out a guide document in the near future. Thanks y'all.

Kati

Patient in training
We hope to use the resolution and the assistance of Rep. Cooper to work with community health agency, medical board and the Medical College of GA to start getting ME taught and addressed, at least on some level. It will be long and slow but that's our hope. We are also hoping it can be replicated in many more states. ME Action will be putting out a guide document in the near future. Thanks y'all.
Thank you @Timbre, you may well set the path to many states and perhaps other countries to do the same. Lookimg forward to the guide document in ME Action!