• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gene mutation, vitamin D receptors, decreased RNaseL... .

Knockknock

This thread was split from the following thread.

Look i just came back from my doctors visit( my CFS DOCTOR)

Me and my significant other have alot of gene mutation that are directly involved in the entire cycle of how your body process your essential vitamins and mineral( i want everyone to pay attention to this with open mind) its not just B12 ok , b12 its one of the deficiencies or disregulation in the methyliation cycle, but aslo our vitamin D receptors and many others im charge of cleaning toxins, helping NK cells to have the correct cytotoxic to funtion propertly, its an entire cycle,

When this dont work properly everything in the body dont Funtion as it should, the Rnase L antiviral is down.

This allow gut bacteria, oportunistic infections to over grow, came out of hidden them cause disease.

the multisitemyc illness that we see in ME/CFS, FIBRO.. etc.. this explain many things.
Including poor circulation, cardiac issues, neurological issues etc.
Now how this Gene DNA happen????
I Go back to my previous post, retrovirus are the master brains in copying and transformin human DNA, Genes, even though all of the previous associated retroviruses have been dismissed, i still belive that our illness is the result of retroviral infection changing our gene and gene expresion allowing everything else that come after to disrrupt the body diferent degrees and severity.

What change our DNA is not EBV, CMV... or any of that those are coinfections predicting severity of the illness like ebv encephaitis, hhv-6 deplete your lynphosites etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hip

but aslo our vitamin D receptors and many others im charge of cleaning toxins, helping NK cells to have the correct cytotoxic to funtion propertly, its an intire cycle,
When this dont work properly everything in the body dont Funtion as it should, the Rnase L antiviral is down.
This allow gut bacteria, oportunistic infections to over grow, came out of hidden them cause disease.

Do you have any reference for this?

Knockknock

Jaja for what?? In particular?? The mutation?? Thw vitamin D receptor, the gene mutation???

Knockknock

I do have evidence of this gene gene and receptors mutation, i have evidence of having low vitD, desoite of living in a sunny place, there is plenty of evidence low vit-D in ME&MS, there is edisence of deficiency or desregulation on the cytotoxic of Nk cells showinh low Nk funtion,also there is evidence that supplements help people with this deficiencies to a certein degree, many tims using the most active form of the supplements helps more, wich simple semce explain yoir body struggle of certein enzemes to brake down certerin metabloic process..
I mean there is scientics and circunstancia evidence of it.

I can post my results,
I dont know ow helpfull they will be, i have seen people here posting their results and translation from respected doctors of ME/CFS, tesearchers, alaya some come up to challenge or dusproved it.
Either Yasko's, Klimas it doesnt matter, always some that is not a doctor or a researcher will say other wise

Hip

In particular?? The mutation?? Thw vitamin D receptor, the gene mutation???

That a VDR gene polymorphisms can lead to reduce secretion of RNase L.

Dysfunction (fragmentation) in RNase L was an area of ME/CFS research that some researchers focuses on around 15 years ago.

M Paine

There's no real evidence to suggest that retroviral integrase specificity and mutagenesis is to blame for common genetic mutations in ME. For example, if a retrovirus had integrase specificity for the TRPM3 gene (which I assume you are talking about related to NK function) it's likely that if insertional mutagenesis was occuring, the gene would become dysfunctional, and expression would be very low. Slight variations to that theme exist where promoters or repressors of a gene become dysfunctional, and transcription of a gene is limited or enhanced. The idea that small scale mutagenesis could occur with gene products still being transcribed, and membrane bound would seem unlikely.

If you have had genomic testing performed and they found some , it's more likely that it's hereditary, rather than retroviral mutagenesis.

Knockknock

Hereditary????
My significa other has most of the mutations that i have.
We dont have blood related ties.
We come from two diferent parts of the world, from different families.
I order and paid for this test for both of our parents mom and Dad.
neither one of them 4 have any of this mutations, neither gens or receptors.
So hereditary is out of the question.

Now more interesting we have a comun kid,and two others from prev marriages, the lnes that we had independely before meeting each other are healthy and have no mutations, the one that we have in comun it has always been sick since little, he has all this mutations to, his nk cells are not funtion as it should.
Eveb though he still littke he has show symptoms of Me.

Ill say it again science on this illness has always been sorrounded by obscured and missleading on this disease, we all know that science in the world is lead by thesame an very owne people that have obscured and diamissed ME for 50 years.
Many strange things and conspiracy theories have been around, not one to many!!!

Hip

We dont have blood related ties.
We come from two diferent parts of the world, from different families.
I order and paid for this test for both of our parents mom and Dad.
So hereditary is out of the question.

I don't have much knowledge of genetics, but isn't it almost impossible to have mutations that are not from one parent or the other?

And if you are talking about retroviral genetic insertions, wouldn't that have to occur during the very early days in the life of a fetus, in order for the insertions to propagate throughout the cells of the body?

By the way, why did you start this topic in this thread, which has nothing to do with genes and SNPs? This topic should be in a different thread. You can ask the moderators to move it to a new thread (click on the "report" button under your post).

Last edited:
Look i just came back from my doctors visit( my CFS DOCTOR)

I totally agree about pathogen reactivation possibly playing a part in perpetuating the illness rather being responsible for the illness kick-off. There's also the possibility of HERVs. But, like I said, my doc had some ME patients who tried Raltegravir without success. Perhaps other antiretroviral drugs would be necessary if a retrovirus was the sole cause of the illness, but I don't know how likely that may be. Also, low Vit D and C3-C4 are often associated with autoimmune processes, so mutations/retroviruses may not be the only culprits. Vitamin D and a million other supplements have done almost nothing for me. My body seems to convert 25-hydroxy into 1,25-dihydroxy (happens to other patients as well).

Knockknock

I totally agree about pathogen reactivation possibly playing a part in perpetuating the illness rather being responsible for the illness kick-off. There's also the possibility of HERVs. But, like I said, my doc had some ME patients who tried Raltegravir without success. Perhaps other antiretroviral drugs would be necessary if a retrovirus was the sole cause of the illness, but I don't know how likely that may be. Also, low Vit D and C3-C4 are often associated with autoimmune processes, so mutations/retroviruses may not be the only culprits. Vitamin D and a million other supplements have done almost nothing for me. My body seems to convert 25-hydroxy into 1,25-dihydroxy (happens to other patients as well).
How long have you been sick??
I think like retuximab, the less sevrely ill you are the more chances of recovery.
At least that is what i heard from many doctors.
There is people here in Pr that have used and adchived great success in combination with tenafovir( travuda).

Gingergrrl

Also, low Vit D and C3-C4 are often associated with autoimmune processes

I have extremely low Vit D that can only be maintained to a normal level w/very high supplementation. I just Googled C3 and C4 in autoimmune diseases and it says from Lab Tests Online:

Complement tests, most commonly C3 and C4, are used to determine whether deficiencies or abnormalities in the complement system are causing, or contributing to, a person's disease or condition.

I can't quite figure out what the "complement system" means?! Is the bottom line that if you test low in C3 or C4, then it is more proof of an autoimmune cause of your illness? For some reason, I do not believe that I have ever been tested for these which is strange. Thanks in advance.

Knockknock

I have extremely low Vit D that can only be maintained to a normal level w/very high supplementation. I just Googled C3 and C4 in autoimmune diseases and it says from Lab Tests Online:

I can't quite figure out what the "complement system" means?! Is the bottom line that if you test low in C3 or C4, then it is more proof of an autoimmune cause of your illness? For some reason, I do not believe that I have ever been tested for these which is strange. Thanks in advance.
My significan other and had vit D levels alomost at 0, when illness started.
Now we just tested for the vit D receptor and we both have a mutation, i was explained by my doctor, that is the reason why it doesnt do the correct binding.
Our body dont keep it.

Knockknock

We take 10,000 iu D3/K2 daily

Gingergrrl

My significan other and had vit D levels alomost at 0, when illness started.

Back when I was "healthy" (seems like a different lifetime) my Vit D level tested at "8" and my then PCP put me on a prescription Vit D for several months and then I switched over to an OTC version.

Now we just tested for the vit D receptor and we both have a mutation

I also have the Vit D mutation on 23andMe but never really knew what to do for it (except to supplement w/Vit D).

We take 10,000 iu D3/K2 daily

I took 10,000 IU's daily as well and finally went down to 5,000 IU's but at my last Endo appt, my level had dropped so he said to go back up to the 10,000 IU's but I just realized now that I forgot all about that and am still taking the 5,000 IU's. I do not take K2 (and there was another post where people advised me to but now I forget the reason why)?

Am not understanding though what low Vit D has to do with anti retro virals? Aren't those for HIV versus autoimmunity and be the opposite of something like Rituximab? Am having trouble following your theory but am always interested in learning new ideas.

Knockknock

They really have nothing to do with the other one at naked eye.
My theory is if our auto immunity is do to retroviral infection, certein Hiv antiretrovirals may work.
There is some people here at he forum that have used them, ranging from mild to great improvements, many have adchived almost a normal life.
Ofcourse some others havent, but we see that all tye time in hiv.
Look htlv-1 retrovirus is tte causative agent of the autoimmune illness TSP/HAM.
Very similar to MS and in certein things to ME to.
When the illness is full blow the succes of antiretrovirals is very limited, the cytokine srtorm and central vervius systen inflamation is the hall mark of the illness..
Science have put htlv infectiins for decades in the wrong place with the justification than less than 5% of the infectecd population develope illness either the htlv-1 tsp/han or luekemia.
But the truth is that htlv infections especially HTLV-2 could be behind many of the cronic illness.
Not exactly as a htlv infection, but recombine with other viruses, perhalp mlv, or other.
One thing interesting is that Dr Defreitas previously mention here in the forum found htlc-2 retroviral sequency in most of her Cfs patients, all this was ignored by the NIH, thesame NIH that has dissmissed and ignored us for decades.
Another interesting thing is that in most of this auto immune illness the viruses from the herpes virade family are associated, are present in most of people, either one or another, if you guys gioogle, you will find that some of this retrovirus use the envelope protein of herpesvirade viruses to replicate, what thet are missing they find it recombining with herpes viruses.
Many people come to challemge my theory in post talking about science, but science in ME/CFS have been misslead and obscured by our giverments that unfortunable are the world leaders in science and research, the world fallow then in what they say with small exeptions of independe studies around the world, than in many times are challenged by them.
Dr Defreitas said that the retrovirus she found could infect B cells T cells and mitchocondria, this may explain why retuximab has actiin in it, especially if what we have is from the leukemia gama of retrovirus.

Yes, if you test low in C3 and/or C4, it is further evidence of an autoimmune process. When I was healthy and exercising a lot in 2007, my regular MD randomly tested my vitamin D (been mostly vegan since 14 and wear a lot of sunscreen) and it was 4 (can't remember units, but normal goes from like 25-45ish?). Then, a few years later, after some complaints, but before I got seriously ill, she tested my C3-C4 and they were both low (they still are low to this day after 5 years of illness). She thought there was some known autoimmune process going on (like lupus), but I've never tested ANA positive or positive for any other "known" antibodies (lupus, Sjogrens, scleroderma, etc.). Yet, CellTrend is quite high for all antibodies tested. I've been taking 6000 IU vit D or more per day for almost a decade and am just at low end of normal for 25-hydroxy, yet my 1,25 hydroxy is quite high. I remember Kenny DeMeirleir saying that he has observed this same thing in his ME patients.

They are probably very common variants. If they're the ones listed by Yasko and genetic genie, they're definitely common variants, and they have very little impact.

Can you name the SNP and genotype both of you and your parents have, which are different?

Knockknock

They are probably very common variants. If they're the ones listed by Yasko and genetic genie, they're definitely common variants, and they have very little impact.

Can you name the SNP and genotype both of you and your parents have, which are different?
I have to look for them, but if you this variants has nothing to do and have little effect , them how do you expain my vit D almost at ZERO? My huby down there to( we live in the (sunshine state) not alaska

TrixieStix

I've just found out my "Complement Component C3" and "Complement Component C4" are both way below normal range. Trying to figure out what the heck it could mean? My doc at OMI ordered these tests as part of my initial batch of blood tests.

My Vit D came back at 38 and that's with me taking 2,000 iu daily for the last 6 months. Neurologist who originally tested me said an ideal level is 50.