• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Two questions about Dr. Meirleir ...?

Bansaw

I've booked up to see Dr. Meirleir this summer in Belgium.

I've got a couple of questions:

1) Do Himmunitas take health insurance? I have private health insurance based in the UK that covers me worldwide. I am just wondering if, in your experience, they have agreed to charge your insurance, or do they insist on cash/credit card?

2) What do you eat when you're there? Their tests require a pretty strict avoidance of certain foods. What did you end up eating? Looks like just pretty much Meat & White bread is left, or maybe bread and cheese!!

thanks,,
upload_2017-2-27_11-44-36.png

Do Himmunitas take health insurance? I have private health insurance based in the UK that covers me worldwide. I am just wondering if, in your experience, they have agreed to charge your insurance, or do they insist on cash/credit card?
I doubt they can bill your insurance. You probably have to pay up front and send a copy of the receipts to your insurance to get reimbursed. You might want to talk to your insurer first to see what they'll cover.