• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AHCC?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Has anyone here tried AHCC? The stuff sounds really interesting, but is insanely expensive ..

Did nothing for me symptom wise or nk number increases were nil. Yes insanely priced. If it was priced like other herbs you would add it in but not at current prices.

Immunovir, cycloferon and ldn see to be common treatments that have increased numbers or function of nk cells in a few cfsers from the forums. None are a cure.

fireflymd

My daughter and I started AHCC with arabinogalactan from Douglas Labs at 1 cap twice a day months ago, and both of us have had increases in number of NK cells as well as notable lack of getting sick this past winter.

We have not tested NK cell function.

So as far as immune support goes, both of us feel it made a dramatic difference in avoiding getting sick. However, while there has been a definite benefit for my immune function, I have not noted any benefit to my CFS.