• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weird Sensitivity in Breast

I have a fairly new problem that is making my life miserable. I feel a tenseness in the upper right side of my body and am super sensitive to anything touching it, especially my breast (but no pain). I can hardly stand the feel of my bra touching on that side and feel I am constantly shrugging my shoulder on that side to somehow relieve the sensation. It's worse when I wear a bra but doesn't go away even when I take it off. When I catch myself in the mirror my body looks sort of twisted and stiff. Does this sound familiar to anyone and, if so, do you have any idea what the cause is? I almost feel too weird talking to my doctor about it because he would probably just recommend something for anxiety but it doesn't feel like that.

Haven't noticed any change in size. As for cancer, I've not read anywhere that sensitivity to touch without pain is a sign. I do regular exams and there are no lumps so I don't think that's the issue.

Undisclosed

I have a fairly new problem that is making my life miserable. I feel a tenseness in the upper right side of my body and am super sensitive to anything touching it, especially my breast (but no pain). I can hardly stand the feel of my bra touching on that side and feel I am constantly shrugging my shoulder on that side to somehow relieve the sensation. It's worse when I wear a bra but doesn't go away even when I take it off. When I catch myself in the mirror my body looks sort of twisted and stiff. Does this sound familiar to anyone and, if so, do you have any idea what the cause is? I almost feel too weird talking to my doctor about it because he would probably just recommend something for anxiety but it doesn't feel like that.

Maybe look at muscle issues re: your body looking 'twisted and stiff'. Don't feel weird about talking to your Doctor about it. If you go in and explain your symptoms, you might get an answer. I had a really bad case of costochondritis about 15 years ago, it was very painful and I thought my doctor was going to put it down to anxiety. I took about 2 years to go in and get a medical opinion -- much to my surprise, he did agree it was costochondritis and I got some meds for the inflammation and it gradually went away. The worst thing that can happen is that a doctor will put it down to anxiety, the best thing that can happen is that you get help. You won't know if you don't get assessed.

Seven7

Seven
I had high prolactin once and got sensitive but it extended to my nipples.

I had an infarct breast ( my boob died) and I do have sensitive since my lymph nodes tend to swell in that area but it is a very rare event. The only thing besides abnormal hormone I can think of w my very very
Limited knowledge is lymnph activity.

Learner1

Haven't noticed any change in size. As for cancer, I've not read anywhere that sensitivity to touch without pain is a sign. I do regular exams and there are no lumps so I don't think that's the issue.

You don't need to find a lump:
http://www.cancercenter.com/breast-cancer/symptoms/

I don't mean to scare you, but as a former cancer patient who's heard lots of stories, it's worth considering, as early diagnosis can save your life. 20% of CFS patients die of cancer.

Let's hope it's something else, though.

Undisclosed

You don't need to find a lump:
http://www.cancercenter.com/breast-cancer/symptoms/

I don't mean to scare you, but as a former cancer patient who's heard lots of stories, it's worth considering, as early diagnosis can save your life. 20% of CFS patients die of cancer.

Let's hope it's something else, though.

This is why it's important to go see a doctor to rule things like Cancer out.

Dechi

I suggest you go see your gynecologist. Breast cancer is easily detectable and mostly curable. Don't take the chance.