• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDN and Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) together?

jimmy86

Hi everyone,

I am taking LDN since a couple of month (4.5mg) and I am doing quite okay on it.

However, I wanted to add BCAA to help with PEM. Do you think this is a safe combination? Did anyone try it out?

Thanks so much,

Jim

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
I've been taking LDN for 14 months. I tried BCAAs in capsules but had to stop after a few days due to kidney discomfort. But if I get BCAAs in protein powder then I don't have any problems. I haven't noticed if it influences PEM because I'm very rigid about staying within my energy envelope.

I doubt there is any reason not to take LDN and BCAAs together. I would start with a low dose of BCAAs and gradually increase while watching out for symptom changes.

*GG*

Hi everyone,

I am taking LDN since a couple of month (4.5mg) and I am doing quite okay on it.

However, I wanted to add BCAA to help with PEM. Do you think this is a safe combination? Did anyone try it out?

Thanks so much,

Jim

BCAA is Branched chain Amino acids? Might want to spell that out in title, makes it better for future searches, and you only have 2 weeks to change Title of thread.

I was on LDN since 2009, recently ran out. But my Dr also has me on DHEA, and clomid for years now, recently added pregnenolone. I take taurine and eat a low carb, high protein diet. I "carb" out before exerting myself.

GG