• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VIDEO: 2017 Resolutions - ME/CFS & FM Researcher Jarred Younger - UAB

Murph

:)
This guy is a good communicator. The wonderful folk at OMF could take a leaf out of his book and really try to emphasise the O in OMF.

AndyPR

This guy is a good communicator. The wonderful folk at OMF could take a leaf out of his book and really try to emphasise the O in OMF.
I agree that Jarred does come across well on camera.

Personally I think that the O in OMF is intended to refer to the data, rather than increased interaction with the patient base. However, I'd also argue that compared to the vast majority of researchers, that Ron and Janet do a pretty good job in interacting with the patients, especially considering their insane workload. We also have @Ben Howell here as PR patient liaison, if you want to know more from the OMF perhaps have a chat with him.

With connective tissue disorders and pain from between the shoulders up to the back of the head being common with ME and their association with CSF leaks, is it possible that infection and or peripheral immune cells that Younger mentions, could enter the CSF, vagus or brain nerve via perforations in the dura rather than through the blood brain barrier?

Last edited: