• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Live feed of 12/13 January CFSAC Meeting

Nielk

It seems like it is a teleconference only. This would be the first time that an in-person meeting would not be videocast. They didn't warn us about this - but who is surprised?

Denise

It seems like it is a teleconference only. This would be the first time that an in-person meeting would not be videocast. They didn't warn us about this - but who is surprised?
CFSAC - If the meeting is teleconference (and slides) and if one only has one phone, how can one listen if one has to have a phone line available for public comment?

Kati

Patient in training
I can't watch for my tablet. How disapponting, again. Accessibility!!!! Too sick to be sitting at desktop!

Rrrr

it has started. i can't get on the web-based connection. so i'm on the phone listening in.

Nielk

Just started. The audio is through the phone. On the computer, are only slides. There is no visual of the meeting.

Nielk

This is so confusing - because I have no idea who is talking!!! They see each other - but we don't see them. This is ridiculous.

Kati

Patient in training
They don't seem to even have a quorum. They are 6 or 7 in the room. 4 needs to approve for motions to pass

Nielk

They only have 6 voting members present for the meeting. They are discussing whether they have enough for quorum. They decided yes - because right now there are only 7 active voting members.

Nielk

Belay - ex officio of CDC speaking about CDC update. Last one was in May (2016 had only one meeting!)