• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Opaque urine

TheChosenOne

My urine is opaque from time to time and it usually has a distinct, fruity smell.
Anyone with similar experiences?

Undisclosed

My urine is opaque from time to time and it usually has a distinct, fruity smell.
Anyone with similar experiences?
Not yet. I'm seeing De Meirleir again in two days. Maybe he knows.
You won't get any answers until you have a urinalysis done when you are having symptoms. There could be tons of reasons for the opaqueness from dehydration to infection. Distinct fruity smell could indicate increased glucose or diabetes but with diabetes you would be getting other symptoms. It could be from meds, supplements etc., dietary, increased ketones. Lots of reason. Hope you get an answer.

GreyOwl

Dx: strong belief system, avoidance, hypervigilant
If you get some urinalysis dipsticks from the pharmacy you'll be able to tell whether the smell is from ketones or glucose.