• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Metafolin B9 seems the KEY and what's next?

jjxx

Hi I am a new member joined recently.

After discovered Freddd's B12 protocol 2 weeks ago, I decided immediately to give a try since I already had most of his supplements at home even though my methylB12 sublingual 2000mcg is from MRM not one of the five-star brands performed by Freddds, I don't have adoB12. Now, I am waiting for my orders coming from iherb.com.

In my case,
1) I have been taking nature-made b complex consistently for years up to today.
2) I have tried methyl b12 sublingual 2000mcg from MRM together with other ingredients included in Freddd's in the past without noticeable effect, good or bad.
3) I started the Freddd's two weeks ago, with both metafolin 800mcg and methylB12 2000mcg sublingual as single dose. My positive even though limited lift from Freddd's protocol must come from metafolin 800mcg.
4) My only noticeable side effects are slight headache, which still persists and slightly faster heart beats, which seems subsiding with one 90mg potassium pill.
5) What to increase or decrease next?
I am thinking about increase metafolin from 800mcg to 1200mcg since metafolin seems THE ONE made the difference to me not methylb12. If there is side effect, I would consider add more potassium and/or more methyl and/or adob12 to balance it out.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

jjxx

Based on numerous posts related to Freddd's, most people either have neurological brightening or can't tolerate it. I seem like the only one having no effect from methylb12 alone, good or bad; metafolin seems give me some lift starting at 800mcg. I am puzzled: Am I different, again? This is what I have learned from the past: majority of women's hormonal issues are due to estrogen/progesterone imbalance, and adding progesterone improves, while I am one of the very few who are the progesterone intolerant; A lot of people improve with gluten-free diet, or similar, while I didn't sense any improvement on gluten-free diet. Instead, I recently found out not combining protein and carbs relieved a lot of discomfort in my gut.

Marc_NL

Hi jjxx, I don't know much about Freddd's protocol but I guess it's hard for anybody to advise on this since, as you experienced yourself, everybody reacts differently to supplements.
I for example don't tolerate Metafolin and mB12 so for me hB12 and folinic acid are the better options (a bit like in Rich's protocol).
This means most will come down to your own trial and error which is very difficult since there are so many variables.
Maybe others that know Freddd's protocol can give some more specific advise, good luck :thumbsup:

alicec

I seem like the only one having no effect from methylb12 alone, good or bad; metafolin seems give me some lift starting at 800mcg. I am puzzled: Am I different, again?

I don't find anything puzzling about your response. B12 and folate work together - you need both to get the effect.

In your case perhaps you just have more of a folate deficit than of B12.

jjxx

Thank you @alicec and @Marc_NL!
I apparently was stuck in B12 narrowly, losing a broader perspective. Yes, now I am more comfortable to add another dose of metafolin 400mcg in addition to 800mcg, then listen to my own body more carefully. In the meanwhile, I am waiting for my order of Freddd's recommended methylb12 and adob12 to come.

jjxx

Hi jjxx, I don't know much about Freddd's protocol but I guess it's hard for anybody to advise on this since, as you experienced yourself, everybody reacts differently to supplements.
I for example don't tolerate Metafolin and mB12 so for me hB12 and folinic acid are the better options (a bit like in Rich's protocol).
This means most will come down to your own trial and error which is very difficult since there are so many variables.
Maybe others that know Freddd's protocol can give some more specific advise, good luck :thumbsup:
I tried hydrob12 injection in the past without any effect, good or bad. That's why I got motivated with Freddd's because he brought out metafolin, methylb12 and adob12. I am hoping I am on the right track even though it could be a long journey.

jjxx

I would like to share a lesson I learned so far: cutting down b1, 2, 3...to lower level which is still not low enough to close to 25mgs Freddd's recommends relieved my slight headache in mere 2 days.

Last edited:

Strawberry

Based on numerous posts related to Freddd's, most people either have neurological brightening or can't tolerate it. I seem like the only one having no effect from methylb12 alone, good or bad;

I tried both injection mB12 and later pills (methylpro) and also had zero affect. Neither good or bad.

Welcome to the forum!

jjxx

I tried both injection mB12 and later pills (methylpro) and also had zero affect. Neither good or bad.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks @Strawberry!

I did increase my metafolin from 800mcg to 12,000mcg yesterday without any problem, therefore today I increased it to 16,000mcg in two dosages together with increases methylb12 and adob12, which proved more effective. I will focus on metafolin, while experiment with methyl and adob12 to see if I do need them or how much I need them.

jjxx

1. received the ENZY methyl and source naturals adob12 yesterday which are recommended by Freddd.
2. started with 5mg adob12 yesterday without any problem, today I increase to 10mg without any effect, good or bad. Later today I decided to add additional metafolin 800mcg, which made my total daily metafolin to 16,000mcg, that's when I experienced lift.
3. started liposomal vitamin c
4. consistent on calcium: magnesium = 1:1 as Freddd recommends

Last edited:

jjxx

Today is a new day, which means new experimentation based on previous results.

1. metafolin 16,000mcg, 1mg enzymatic b12 and 10mg adob12 in the morning
2. metafolin 8,000mcg or 16,000mcg, 1mg enzymatic or 2 in the afternoon depending on how I feel
3 cut down b1, 2, 3 etc to 10-15mg in total

jjxx

1. Instead of going up with metafolin, I decided to stay on 800mcg and take in two equal halves: energy did not go down, my body seems like it better : low and slow.
2. took methyb12 or adob12 more freely without much effect. But can't skip b12 after metafolin!
3. added 50mg P5P, which has positive effect

What's next?
1. add more B5 as one adrenal fatigue expert, Dr Lam, recommends
2. start liquid L-carnitine