• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Most natural way to treat pain?

Womble

I am taking probiotics which seem to reduce my pain substantially, but I think they may be causing nerve damage so I want to stop taking them.

I am wondering if there is something else I can take to reduce pain and inflammation that may be "natural" in a similar way to probiotics?

In other words, I don't want to go on Lyrica or hardcore pain meds, but maybe something more natural and benign?

Things that effect the stomach seem to reduce my nerve pain for some unknown reason.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Vital Nutrients BCQ is what a naturopath recommended for inflammation. It has helped somewhat with some pain in my back and thighs. It takes several weeks to kick in.

You need to describe your pain a little better. Where is it? Is it widespread or in one area? Do you know what's causing it?

Womble

Its like a nerve ending and inflammation type of pain, kind of difficult to describe.

chilove

Going on a raw vegan diet did the most for me in terms of pain relief. Probably because it eliminates so many inflammatory foods. All the pain I was experiencing went away within 30 days. I've been raw ever since. Whenever I eat cooked food again fibro like pain comes back

erin

Erin, I'd love to hear more about your experience with borax. I recently started it to help with a mycoplasma infection

I took quarter of a teaspoonful borax every day for 3 months. I felt great, less bloated, my skin looked great. I had more energy, I thought I was doing great. Well, October arrives and I needed my Tsh test done, my GP wanted to do some other tests like blood sugar, cholesterol etc. Results were bad.

I was worried if borax contributed to elevated liver panel. Probably not, though I am just taking too much meds now. I am cautious about my liver.

I was put on thyroid replacement. I now take synthothyroid addition to beta blocker and now I have also a urinary infection taking antibiotics. Too much medicine. I am really crushed now. Badly. Oh. also gyno wanted me put on estrogen too. I am not taking it. I can't handle it...

I want to go back to borax if I get myself together again. It was very effective to get rid of candida and increase energy levels. I felt it was good for my neck hernia too somehow. Pain has gone.

chilove

Interesting Erin. I just started it last week and already noticed that I'm sleeping much better. I'm having some die off at 1/8th of a teaspoon per day so any liver issues may have been due to die off for you.

I've also noticed some effects that make me think it's increasing estrogen. I've heard it can boost the sex hormones so you may want to check into that.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I have a damaged disc in my back and have some nerve pain caused by that. I have found Curamin by Terry Naturally to be very helpful. I get it at my local health store.