• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inflammation all over

paul80

I think it is inflammation i am experiencing but not 100% sure. I have these sudden outbreaks or attacks and my brain feels aching sore as well as my eyes and all through my muscles in arms, legs, my throat feels inflamed, my breathing doesn't feel right.

I also feel extremely on edge and anxious, and noise really bothers me. Like my partner was rustling paper loudly and it actually felt painful.

I'm just glad i don't get this all the time. Probably about once a month on average with a very bad day and then a gradual reduction over several days.

I'm guessing other people here get this as most of us share the same symptoms, but it feels good to know your not alone.

For people with more medical knowledge, is this likely to be what happens with brain inflammation, that it affects the whole body? I was just wondering how it works. It's frustrating that i can't read lots and research it all for my self.

Also, It says this on the UK NHS website:
"Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is the term often used and preferred by doctors because there is little evidence of brain and spinal cord inflammation, as the term ME suggests."

Page is from 2014. I was just wondering if this is true or if there is good evidence now. I think i remember Jarred Younger found increased temperature of the brain in people with M.E. I'm not sure how concrete that evidence is though.

lansbergen

What infection? There are literally no signs of active infection..

There are but just not the way it is in textbooks.

It was claimed there was no immune response at all for the infection I suspect but now decades later several researcher think it is the ROS that are the problem.

barbc56

There are reputable blood tests for inflammation.

We are not doctors on this forum, other than a few, who wisely realize that you trying to diagnose a condition on an Internet forum is really fruitless.

I suggest you see a doctor. Good luck!:)

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
There are but just not the way it is in textbooks.

It was claimed there was no immune response at all for the infection I suspect but now decades later several researcher think it is the ROS that are the problem.

Well don`t mind the textbooks, what`s needed in any case is solid research. Reasonably sure there is nothing convincing when it comes to ME/CFS, but feel free to drop a reference :)

lansbergen

We are not doctors on this forum, other than a few, who wisely realize that you trying to diagnose a condition on an Internet forum is really fruitless.

Fine I will keep my mouth shut but I will not go see doctors whio have no clue.

I will keep doing what I have been doing and follow the teams that are working on the infection I suspect .

roller

wiggle jiggle
corrected version: thanks!

Im sure that is what happens:

the first thing parasites do is switching off the immune defense against pathogens/foreign bodies.
otherwise they wouldnt survive. (im so afraid to say that contracting them is normal business in this world)

so in the following, we contract flus and all sort of shit, and there is no defense anymore.
no defense = no physical reaction to most of them.

on the other hand, parts of the immune system, e.g. microglial and dendritic cells etc
do still recognize the injury. and shoot up action.

using the inflammation markers like the c-protein, the viral one etc.
is ultimately stupid and doesnt apply to the real world.
... as doesnt the rest of what is called 'medicine' ...

the whole medical definition system is based on entirely wrong beliefs....
one would laugh about so much stupidity, but unfortunately we are dying.:

roller

wiggle jiggle
but throughout history things have never been so bad as nowadays.
there are hyperinfestations everywhere.

in addtion, there may be other factors at work, as e.g. messing up our immune system with vaccinations.

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
well there are all sorts of possible explanations, but infection is at the moment not more likely than any other.

obviously absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but neither is absence evidence

paul80

Oh well might as well close down the forum since people with M.E can get all the help they need from a GP.

See a doctor, wow never thought of that.
----------------------

Anyway, thanks everyone for the info, i was just looking for some speculation of what is happening to our bodies even though i know the docs can't do anything for it at this time.

wonderoushope

Oh well might as well close down the forum since people with M.E can get all the help they need from a GP.

See a doctor, wow never thought of that.
----------------------

Anyway, thanks everyone for the info, i was just looking for some speculation of what is happening to our bodies even though i know the docs can't do anything for it at this time.

I have had similar sounding issues and no tests have come back with anything major apart from slightly raised inflammatory markers. Have you had a number of test from your GP? What does the doc think?

I had a bout of being highly anxious on edge. My fight or flight was out of whack and I would jump at everything. I wasn't sleeping well at the time either. Noise can be a big issue naturally . I get really on edge and angry with certain noise, part of it is in my nature (although starting to wonder if the illness I have is actually why it's a problem), but when I am going downhill everything is magnified (anxiety, sounds, fight or flight etc).

To be honest I didn't realise it was part of whatever illness, it probably helped looking on here and realising it wasn't nomal for everything to magnified. Although the magnified fight of flight thing made me realise something was wrong, because I would jump and be really startled, just with my phone was vibrating or something like a pen dropping on the floor.

Last edited:

paul80

When my M.E was moderate i only experienced these symptoms when i overexerted my self. It feels now like it's happening randomly but i think maybe when i go through a good period i am somehow overexerting my self. I just didn't realize it because i do so little.

Oh and @larsbergen what's ROS?

paul80

I have had similar sounding issues and no tests have come back with anything major apart from slightly raised inflammatory markers. Have you had a number of test from your GP? What does the doc think?
Yes I've had plenty of tests. Never found anything, except a long time ago mycoplasma came back from a blood test. Most docs have been useless my newest one seems nice but I've given up on their tests.