• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wobenzym and BB536 - Very good results

Asklipia

This is a complement to the Clostridium butyricum thread.

Together with other probiotics I have been taking Bifidobacterium longum BB536 as "Urisense" for more than 18 months, with very good results. A couple of months ago, because my stock was running low, I decided I might try cultivating it, since the formulation does not contain other bacteria, it would be easy to check that the bacteria was growing. It worked very well, but I realized that this way I could not know how much I was taking. The Urisense vegicap contains 2.5 billion but who knows how much a cup of BB536 yogurt might contain? In japan Morinaga sells its BB536 yogurt pots containing 6.5 billion so I supposed it would be ok to take a big amount.
Taking a good cup of this delicious BB536 yogurt was a pleasure, and provoked absolutely no bad effects, most probably because I had been taking small doses for so long.

To cultivate my BB536 (such a relief not to be dependent on very unreliable deliveries) I found by trial and error that the best was to use a yogurt maker that could be programmed to warm for up to 24 hours, and that would after this switch to cooling mode!!!! I used this Lactoferm machine and it is great.
12 hours fermentation gives perfect yogurt, if you ferment for 24 hours you get a kind of cheese with most of the lactose eaten up by the BB536. 1 liter of milk + 10 billion BB536 (4 Urisense caps), at 38.5 °C. You can reuse the last cup of the yogurt to start another batch. I could do this ten times before I started again with fresh bacteria.

After a while I found that there was a company selling BB536 in a stronger formulation, which was more economical and less of a problem to store. I tried this, got nice thick yogurt, but the results disappeared. The lymphatic pains came slowly back, sleep was not as deep. I decided to try the proper Morinaga culture, direct from Japan which I found on Amazon. This was successfully cultivated, AND I could feel the effects immediately. In fact the other brand (a US brand I am afraid), did not look like the yogurt I have obtained using either the Urisense or the Bihadisu (Japanese name of the BB536 bacteria). It was alive, but I suspect it contained other bacteria and not the real Morinaga BB536. It tasted like normal bulgaricum yogurt, with the same pH.

I take this for breakfast and for the last three months I have not felt ONCE the lymphatic pains I still had from time to time. My body is much cooler. The eyes are cooler, and I do not suffer from the cold either!
Good luck to all!
Asklipia
:)

Last edited:

ebethc

This is a complement to the Clostridium butyricum thread.

Together with other probiotics I have been taking Bifidobacterium longum BB536 as "Urisense" for more than 18 months, with very good results. A couple of months ago, because my stock was running low, I decided I might try cultivating it, since the formulation does not contain other bacteria, it would be easy to check that the bacteria was growing. It worked very well, but I realized that this way I could not know how much iwas taking. The Urisense vegicap contains 2.5 billion but who knows how much a cup of BB536 yogurt might contain? In japan Morinaga sells its BB536 yogurt pots containing 6.5 billion so I supposed it would be ok.
Taking a good cup of this delicious BB536 yogurt was a pleasure, and provoked absolutely no bad effects, most probably because I had been taking small doses for so long.

To cultivate my BB536 (such a relief not to be dependent on very unreliable deliveries) I found by trial and error that the best was to use a yogurt maker that could be programmed to warm for up to 24 hours, and that would after this switch to cooling mode!!!! I used this Lactoferm machine and it is great.
12 hours give perfect yogurt, if you ferment for 24 hours you get a kind of cheese with most of the lactose eaten up by the BB536. I liter of milk + 10 billion BB536 (4 Urisense caps), at 38.5 °C. You can reuse the last cup of the yogurt to start another batch.

After a while I found that there was a company selling BB536 in a stronger formulation, which was more economical and less of a problem to store. I tried this, got nice thick yogurt, but the results disappeared. The lymphatic pains came slowly back, sleep was not as deep. I decided to try the proper Morinaga culture, direct from Japan which I found on Amazon. This was successfully cultivated, AND I could feel the effects immediately. In fact the other brand (a US brand I am afraid), did not look like the yogurt I have obtained using either the Urisense or the Bihadisu (Japanese name of the BB536 bacteria). It was alive, but I suspect it contained other bacteria and not the real Morinaga BB536. It tasted like normal bulgaricum yogurt, with the same pH.

I take this for breakfast and for the last three months I have not felt ONCE the lymphatic pains I still had from time to time. My body is much cooler. The eyes are cooler, and I do not suffer from the cold either!
Good luck to all!
Asklipia
:)

Wobenzym is amazing!! I can't believe it I just discovered it this year

Asklipia

The reason I added Wobenzym to the title of this thread is because it seems to have boosted enormously the effects of the BB536.
We had taken Wobenzym for a week about two years ago, and had to stop. Terrible crash and very painful. So that was that.
We have tried it again a couple of months ago, starting very carefully with only one pill fo the Garden of Life Wobernzym N every morning. The crashing feeling was very slight, but noticeable. After titrating we now are taking 5 pills per day. Sometimes twice that. No bad effects whatsoever now. On the contrary.
This is definitely boosting energy, cutting appetite, giving strength and happiness. Lowering inflammation as it is supposed to do. Better circulation (mind you it was fine before but tingles in new places).
The important thing is to take real care when you take it : at least 45 mns before you eat and 3 hours after you have eaten.
It is quite expensive and there is another preparation that copies it, but our recent problem with fake BB536 has made me weary, and for the moment I choose to buy the real thing (if indeed it is?).

One interesting effect is that sleep is very deep with Wobenzym, and I see lots of complicated dreams, which I recall in the morning. Now, this has eluded me for more than 20 years. No nightmares. I suppose it must be seriously rising my level of B6, since this is linked to dreaming. And maybe doing lots of other things. I feel evry relaxed, EXTREMELY relaxed?. This last week I have started feeling less relaxed, that is more normal, but for most of the two first months I slept blissfully anywhere I cared to lie down, any hour of the day or night. I have not worried about this, supposing that my body/brain must be needing all this rest. Much too lazy, happy and relaxed to post on PR!!!
I suppose we are cured. It feels that way.
Good luck to all
Asklipia:balloons::balloons::balloons::hug::balloons::balloons::balloons:

Last edited:

IThinkImTurningJapanese

In fact the other brand (a US brand I am afraid), did not look like the yogurt I have obtained using either the Urisense or the Bihadisu (Japanese name of the BB536 bacteria). It was alive, but I suspect it contained other bacteria and not the real Morinaga BB536. It tasted like normal bulgaricum yogurt, with the same pH.

I suspect this would be difficult for them to legally sell a different bacteria, but there might be another explanation. Perhaps it was dead.

I've been exploring lacto-fermented vegetables and I'm wondering if you might have experienced a wild fermentation.

Anyway, the BB536 is very common here in Japan and interestingly, essentially every yoghurt you can find here, if you Google the organism, you'll find some exceptional medical benefit.

Japan has pursued Probiotics, much like China with Tai-chi, in an effort to reduce healthcare costs for many years now.

greetings. If you want to further increase your Bifidobacterium count you can take it with Lactulouse. Lactulose acts as prebiotic /feeds bifidobacterium !

An interesting old paper from Morgina itself i believe was a good read, i'll link it when i find it.

Anyway, the BB536 is very common here in Japan and interestingly, essentially every yoghurt you can find here.

T is?).

After a while I found that there was a company selling BB536 in a stronger formulation, which was more economical and less of a problem to store. I tried this, got nice thick yogurt, but the results disappeared. The lymphatic pains came slowly back, sleep was not as deep. I decided to try the proper Morinaga culture, direct from Japan

It's hard to get BB536 here in the UK. I tried to get it from US amazon but the proper Morinaga is not available anymore. where do you get yours from now?

Asklipia

It's hard to get BB536 here in the UK. I tried to get it from US amazon but the proper Morinaga is not available anymore. where do you get yours from now?
I hadn't realized yet there was a supply problem.
I find other brands but who knows if it is the real stuff?

EDIT : I just found it on ebay, it is a new packaging : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Morinaga-B...122610887560?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

I never had any problem with Japanese suppliers. Did not try this one yet.

Last edited: