• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Organizing a Facebook Campaign, Get noticed by Trump

Hi, I'm looking to organize a Facebook campaign, sponsored content (Pay to be pushed into peoples news feeds basically)

Although not a large community, I feel like Trump is eager to score "good guy" points and the economic impact of those so impaired they can not work could be a good in. So if we got to hie eye's or people's eyes... maybe just maybe we could get more funding.

I don't know much about advocacy though.. I do know that video content is the way to go though. So we'd need a poignant, to the point piece of how destructive this illness is. My career is actually being a YouTuber, i've got amassed about 400,000 subscribers and over 250 million views, however my reach is not that good in terms of audience connectivity, which is what one would need for something like this.. but I could also try there.

Do petitions even work? Does the campaign urge people to sign a petition for increased funding? Or should the campaign focus on getting people to donate to the bigger research projects? It's easier to get people to sign a petition though.

Sean

Be careful what you wish for. Bringing our plight to the direct attention of somebody like Trump could backfire badly.

He might be looking for chances to play the good guy to score political points and soften his image, and we might get lucky. I loathe him, but if he ponies up a couple hundred million bucks for the serious biomed researchers to work with, and fires the psychs, I will publicly and genuinely thank him for it.

Or, he might think we are a bunch of whining pussies who just need to toughen up, and a good target group for harsh treatment as a very public example to others who dare challenge power. Including actively shutting down any research that does not support his policies.

Sometimes it is better to lie low for a bit, and let things tick over. This might (might) be one of those times.