• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Court Dismisses Judy Mikovits Lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what, a single person who's been screwed by the system, who dared reveal some of the truth of M.E. and the huge efforts to crush exposing the truth, and she got screwed by a legal system where scumbags can hire $10,000 hour lawyers to guarantee there is no such thing as "justice before the law"?
She didn't have a case, and she broke the law in removing notebooks from the lab. This is very basic stuff when someone is hired to do a job - the work they produce belongs to the person who hired them. No lawyer is going to change that, no matter how good.

If she did discover something in her research, there's nothing stopping her from replicating her own work. But XMRV has been pretty well debunked as a potential cause of ME, including by Ian Lipkin, who is putting a lot of effort into digging into the abnormalities he did see.

barbc56

I thought it was mentioned in the article that the court decision was in November of this year, but now I can't find it. It did sound familiar.

If someone can help me here it would be appreciated. If it's an old story I can delete this thread or maybe move it to Classic ME Moments!

Thanks @Esther12 for pointing this out.

Last edited:

barbc56

Duh, this is from February of this year. It's in the article. Funny than when I started the thread I didn't see anything in similar threads.

The one comment to the article is dated November of this year. Pity, if that's how I made the mistake as it means I was realllllly foggy. How embarrassing.

I'll leave this up for now so others can see it's not recent news and then delete it.

Do the moderators have to do this? @Kina @Sushi Thanks!

worldbackwards

Duh, this is from February of this year. It's in the article. Funny than when I started the thread I didn't see anything in similar threads.

The one comment to the article is dated November of this year. Pity, if that's how I made the mistake as it means I was realllllly foggy.
Or you just really enjoyed it a lot. :)

xrayspex

well I appreciate you posted it because I have been so distracted this year havent thought much about Judy lately.......it prompted me to go see what Dr D-Jones thinks on it she had an interesting blog related to xmrv and cfs/me and antivirals etc I do still wonder what I tested positive for and what Lo and Alter were intrigued about, as Dr Jamie says they sure dropped it all like a hot potato but no doubt about it, Lo was way into it at first with his research
http://www.x-rx.net/blog/

Status
Not open for further replies.