• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any experience of Dr Abhijit Chaudhuri?

Allyb510

As there are so few doctors treating ME in Scotland, I'm clutching at straws here!
I've just heard about Dr. Chaudhuri. Has anyone seen him and what was your
experience? What treatments were offered? Any information will be much
appreciated.

charles shepherd

I have known Abhijit as a friend and medical colleague ever since he worked with Professor Peter Behan at the Institute of Neurological Sciences, Southern General Hospital, in Glasgow

He is now based at Queens Hospital in Romford but sees occasional private patients when he is back in Glasgow

Abhijit also advises the MEA on clinical and research matters relating to neurology

Brief biographical details:

Dr Abhijit Chaudhuri (DM, MD, PhD, FACP, FRCP) is a consultant neurologist and leads the local service on neuroinflammatory disorders and multiple sclerosis.

He was appointed as a Consultant Neurologist in the Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust in April 2005.

He previously worked as a Senior Lecturer in Clinical Neurosciences and Honorary Consultant Neurologist in the University of Glasgow (July 2000-April 2005).

Abhijit was appointed as the Clinical Lead in Neurology (September 2007-March 2010) and as the Clinical Director of Neurosciences (April 2010-December 2011). He is the local host of the Department-to-Department Training
Programme of the European Federation of Neurological Societies (EFNS).

He is closely involved with postgraduate teaching and training and a member of the Question Writing Group of the Royal Colleges of Physicians for knowledge-based assessment of postgraduate training competencies in neurology.

He chaired the task force of the EFNS infectious diseases subgroup in developing guidelines on the management of acute bacterial meningitis.

Areas of interest
Multiple sclerosis; Parkinson's disease; Tremor; Headache; Epilepsy; Post-viral chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS/SEID)

Contact details:

http://finder.bupa.co.uk/Consultant/view/80520/dr_abhijit_chaudhuri

Allyb510

I have known Abhijit as a friend and medical colleague ever since he worked with Professor Peter Behan at the Institute of Neurological Sciences, Southern General Hospital, in Glasgow

He is now based at Queens Hospital in Romford but sees occasional private patients when he is back in Glasgow

Abhijit also advises the MEA on clinical and research matters relating to neurology

Brief biographical details:

Dr Abhijit Chaudhuri (DM, MD, PhD, FACP, FRCP) is a consultant neurologist and leads the local service on neuroinflammatory disorders and multiple sclerosis.

He was appointed as a Consultant Neurologist in the Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust in April 2005.

He previously worked as a Senior Lecturer in Clinical Neurosciences and Honorary Consultant Neurologist in the University of Glasgow (July 2000-April 2005).

Abhijit was appointed as the Clinical Lead in Neurology (September 2007-March 2010) and as the Clinical Director of Neurosciences (April 2010-December 2011). He is the local host of the Department-to-Department Training
Programme of the European Federation of Neurological Societies (EFNS).

He is closely involved with postgraduate teaching and training and a member of the Question Writing Group of the Royal Colleges of Physicians for knowledge-based assessment of postgraduate training competencies in neurology.

He chaired the task force of the EFNS infectious diseases subgroup in developing guidelines on the management of acute bacterial meningitis.

Areas of interest
Multiple sclerosis; Parkinson's disease; Tremor; Headache; Epilepsy; Post-viral chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS/SEID)

Contact details:

http://finder.bupa.co.uk/Consultant/view/80520/dr_abhijit_chaudhuri
Thank you very much for that...I'm certainly tempted to make an appointment. It's always a matter of where best to channel the funds for maximum benefit and progress...I'm also thinking about going the route of Prof. De Meirleir.

Can I just mention that I listened to Kaye Adam's recent Radio Scotland programme on ME and I was silently applauding the points you made! The programme deserved to be much longer as so much more needed to be said about this shockingly neglected illness. Or should I say 'invisible' illness, certainly in Scotland.