• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

TWIV #417 Mentions Naviaux et all, David Tuller's article

RogerBlack

Many excellent podcasts in that series - going back to the XMRV days - from the very first reports of XMRV in prostate cancer cells, the team were sceptical.
I find it a great podcast at times - as I can learn a little, while being able to blame the not understanding bits I probably should on it being too technical, rather than fatigue.
http://www.microbe.tv/twiv/twiv-136-exit-xmrv/ - for example was an excellent roundup of the final outcome.

Sing

So nice to hear ME-research discussed properly and as a serious topic also among experts outside the ME-field.

You put your finger right on what this meant to me. I am not sure I have ever heard experts outside the field of ME respectfully and enthusiastically discussing it. I also agree with them that Naviaux's study and hypothesis are exciting and promising, though like them, I think we have to keep in mind that his hypothesis about a daur type of state is only a hypothesis at this point.