• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Health anxiety!!

Fuzzyhead

I mean everytime i get a new symptom since being ill i panic it's something sinister and make myself worse with worry and anxiety. I google and scare myself and it's never right.

worldbackwards

No, quite the opposite. I think I've had too much practice at ignoring everything. I should probably get that hard lump next to my spine looked into soon (moves around, feels like unattached bone). It'll make for a fun topic to introduce myself to a new GP :rolleyes:
Likewise. No one else gives a shit clearly, so I figure I might as well leave it till I drop dead. There's an upside to everything. :)

Horizon

I get health anxiety over certain things like when my chest pain or breathing gets really bad which is likely the fibro but I am like omg am i dying or having a heart attack etc? I definitely go into panic mode and am trying to figure out how to not have that happen but it is understandable given the pain.