• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

rituximab news

ebethc

RTX will have a new version that allows subcutaneous injection (vs current intravenous). I'm wondering if this will dramatically decrease the cost of RTX, due to reducing/ removing the "infusion cost" - which is $2k at OMI from what I've read on this forum..

ebethc

This post on subcutaneous rituximab might be of interest.

I don't understand how the drug is already SC when the company partnering w roche to provide the platform for SC administration of the drug was just announced this month....

The response from J.E. re adverse effects happening up to months and YEARS after administration is scary... I assume this includes PML.. Not sure what could possibly be worse than that, but I'm don't doubt that there's something..

The other comments re the necessity of a big enough dose to deplete the b-cells swiftly, and needing the infusion method to do it makes sense..

as an alternative: fasting is supposed to deplete b cells... Have you heard this? do you know any fasting protocols to do this?

On a completely separate note: do you know much about Plaquenil? the warnings about blindness are scary... In the event that happens, is it temporary (ie would only happen while on the drug?). Is it effective for CFS'ers? I know Montoya/OMI rx it and it's not that expensive.. Desperate to less pain and more energetic