• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Livestreaming of Action for ME AGM and conference on Friday, 18 Nov 2016

And AFME won't answer hard questions such as why have they not lobbied for the use of the CCC or ICC as diagnostic and research critieria in the UK, and as official AFME policy.

AFME is really still a fatigue charity which focuses on illness management, and pacifying the patients, whilst appeasing the status quo of the UK policy.

Dx Revision Watch

Suzy Chapman Owner of Dx Revision Watch
  • Action4ME 3:31 PM Hello and welcome back to the Action for M.E. livestream. In order to keep on schedule we will not be passing questons from lovestream chat on to the panel of speakers and will only be taking questions from people in the room. If you have a question that needs answering you can contact our Information and Support Officers by emailing admin@<censored> or our CEO Sonya Chowdhury by emailing sonya@<censored> Thank you.
  • Action4ME 3:32 PM *livestream, woops what a typo that was.

Action4ME 4:31 PMHello and welcome back to the Action for M.E. livestream. In order to keep on schedule we will not be passing questons from lovestream chat on to the panel of speakers and will only be taking questions from people in the room. If you have a question that needs answering you can contact our Information and Support Officers by emailing admin@<censored> or our CEO Sonya Chowdhury by emailing sonya@<censored> Thank you.

Censored email addresses are by far the most helpful :rolleyes:

Dx Revision Watch

Suzy Chapman Owner of Dx Revision Watch
Okay, that was 15 minutes of AfME telling us how awesome they are, interspersed with generic power point drivel.

Nowt wrong with a nice inspirational pebble pile

stones.png

...and not one question from the floor.

I am worried that AfME are spreading their wings trying to garner international / UN clout when they can't even get the basics right.

This could be disastrous, it's bad enough them having a say in the UK, we dont want them influencing things abroad too.

Molly98

I am worried that AfME are spreading their wings trying to garner international / UN clout when they can't even get the basics right.

This could be disastrous, it's bad enough them having a say in the UK, we dont want them influencing things abroad too.
Quite agree, what it will mean is Crawley and co, via SC and AFME having even more influence internationally.
Can we have someone from IiME be sent to the UN to represent us?