• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A Proven Treatment-Cure for Chronic Epsten Barr Virus

Tammy

@Avengers26 , @maryb .......my protocol:
6 drops of Cats Claw 2x daily (Uncaria tomentosa)
6 drops of Licorice root 2x daily (Glycrrizha glabra)
L-lysine.....2000mg 2x daily
Ester C........2000mg 2x daiy
Liquid zinc sulfate concentrate......15 mg daily
Liquid b12 (80%methyl/20%adeno).........2500 mcgs 2x daily
Hawaiaan Spirulina.........1 tsp daily
Barley grass juice powder..........1 tsp daily.

I had to work up to the above dosages. Progress has been slow........but progress non the less. I have been ill for almost 20 years. There are many little symptoms that although have not been debilitating......are gone. My OI is just now starting to improve.......been on the protocol for almost 6 months. PEM is better. My muscle strength is better. I do not have that yucky fevery flulike feeling..........that is almost gone. Ringing in ears is better. Muscle/joint pain is improved. I cannot put a percentage on improvement because there is still a lot of fluctuation but the fluctuations are not as extreme like they use to be. My sleep has improved significantly.

I sweated a lot with the supplements the first 4 months...........detox? I no longer have the sweating.

I feel like I still have a long way to go even with the improvements.

I have tried to stay away from dairy, wheat, and processed sugar..............

Avengers26

@Tammy, It's wonderful you are making steady progress albeit slow. How did you come up with the protocol & what's the purpose of each of these supplements? Also, eg. I currently tale Vit C with bioflavonoids. Any particular reason why I should take Ester C, if I want to try this protocol?
Same with Zinc sulfate. I currently take optizinc. Thanks.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Tammy Did you herx on taking the supps at start?
also what is the spirulina for? the others I get....

@Abdulrahman Have been following your posts and interested to hear more about your current state and progress!

Hi DJ,

I am planning to post a detailed write-up on my health.. As of this date i am free of all Chronic Fatigue symptoms particularly the viral illnesses which caused the upper respiratory infections, overall body tiredness, brain fog, feelings of constant infection agent in your body. My sleep is fine, but i do wear an anti-snoring vest which has something like rubber balls in a pouch tied to my back during sleep.

I don\t want to go in detail of what supplements i take these days, because i need to complete six months of healthy period to be able to claim major health improvements. All i can say is that i still follow a very healthy diet with organic foods, very few carbohydrates, lots of fresh and cooked vegetables, fresh onions, nuts of all types, fruits away from mealtimes, organic grape juice,lemon juice mixed with sage leaves. I also believe in heavy exercise, but this was graded and took me years to develop. I do Sandbag training 3 x weekly and swim Butterfly for 20 minutes twice weekly. Sleep eight hours per night.

Finally, for the past two months i see people catching viruses which i don't catch!!! wow, now that is something new, i actually have a working immune system...........

Abdulrahman

@Abdulrahman

Look forward to that detailed post!

Am going through my own process to uncover the causes of my own liver dysfunction, digestive problems and chronic fatigue & thyroiditis. Interestingly I was diagnosed with meningococcal meningitis when i was very young and had mouth ulcers, upper respiratory probelms and glandular problems afterwards for the first 10 years of my life. The meningitis may have been a misdiagnosis or a cofactor of a undiagnosed viral problem from very young which may have recently reactivated.

I am very keen to hear about how you fixed digestion and liver function as I guess the fatigue resolved itself when those issues were sorted...

Thanks again for your contribution

DJ

@Abdulrahman

Hey, recently I've found out I have EBV and had a past infection of glandular fever. I'm still feeling tired all the time and I also seem to have oral hairy leukoplakia.

If you were me what would you recommend I take?

I'm taking 500mg of Vit C
4000ui vit d3
an olive leaf tablet
tablet of larrea.. (can't remember the second part)

From reading the first post you say you can't go easy on the virus, so I'm probably going to take more vitamin C.

What I'm more interested in is, is there some supplement your taking at the moment that works really well in immune boosting such as Rice Bran extract AHCC?

Thanks

Hi Quality,

I suggest first reading all of my posts on this website and others contributions on the same topics. This disease needs patience and years of reading and self education.

Last few months i was taking:

1- AHCC Rice Bran extract,four capsules daily mostly to kill off the standard respiratory viruses which help the EBV's to propagate.
2- Used Epicor at about 2 to 3 capsules daily.
3- Transfer Factors Special one for Chronic Fatigue, 3 capsules..
4- Two tablets of Alpha Lipoic Acid mixed with Acetyl L Carnitine
5- Inosine capsules, two daily.

I cannot give you more brand details its not allowed, so please make searches for the above.

Good luck,

Abdulrahman

Would love to try the original self-help above and actually have tried several of the supplements before but not together. Unfortunately, I have a lot of sensitivity to medicines/supplements/chemicals and I can not take at least three of the supplements mentioned plus I live in a very rural area of WV with only one grocery store in the whole county and they laugh at you when you ask for anything organic.

drob31

I live in a very rural area of WV with only one grocery store in the whole county and they laugh at you when you ask for anything organic.

You one dem' hippy type that eat that space food? Cletus plucked an apple off his tree the other day, should be over yonder. Speakin' of apples, Monsanto brought in a huge shipment of giant shiny red apples. Aint you want some of those instead

You one dem' hippy type that eat that space food? Cletus plucked an apple off his tree the other day, should be over yonder. Speakin' of apples, Monsanto brought in a huge shipment of giant shiny red apples. Aint you want some of those instead
That is a very nice response coming from a senior member. Very helpful and insightful. And not at all condescending.

helen1

Funny @DCinWV I took drob31's joking to be in response to this

very rural area of WV with only one grocery store in the whole county and they laugh at you when you ask for anything organic.

which to me seemed to be empathizing with you for the lack of understanding of health where you live and not condescending to you at all. Interesting how we so easily interpret things differently. Only @drob31 knows for sure...;)

drob31

Sorry, my jokes bad. I know exactly what you mean about people complaining about organic food. That's all I hear about, and I can relate.

Anyway, the reason I'm reading this thread is because I just got EBV, or at least a reactivation.

drob31

Funny @DCinWV I took drob31's joking to be in response to this

which to me seemed to be empathizing with you for the lack of understanding of health where you live and not condescending to you at all. Interesting how we so easily interpret things differently. Only @drob31 knows for sure...;)

This is correct. Sorry my communication was bad.

@drob31 sorry. I didn't take it as a joke but as making fun of me. I haven't been feeling well and my boss instead of being understanding and letting me have some days off of work so I don't get too run down when I tried to explain that I get way more tired than I should and that I can't keep up the pace at work had now been having me work 6 days a week and on Saturday's at 5:30 am running the post office and 5 carriers all by myself. soooooo I wasn't in a very good frame of mind when I read it.

Abdulrahman, when ever I see a claim prefaced by " i notice excessive negativity and a lack of ability to approach problems with an open mind...the end result is failure to achieve the goal of strong health" i don't know whether to laugh or cry, but the writer loses respect in my eyes.

Since the 80's I have belonged to ME and CFS both as a member at meetings and then as the internet evolved to some of the early experimental treatment groups, up to the present day and this group.

I've seen patients desperate enough to drink their own urine, undergo deep sleep therapy with drugs for a week, buy drugs off the internet, leave their homes and move to another country without any belongings, travel to take experimental drugs, undergo fasting regimes, change their diets to something different, exercise until they were bed bound, buy drugs developed for animals, go into debt to follow a medical recommendation, take supplements until their stomachs could not longer digest them and the list goes on and on.

What I haven't seen are closed minds to treatment. When I respond to your post I am responding as someone who has tried experimental treatment after experimental treatment for decades. You are not seeing negativity.

There are many thousands of us. We don't need a lecture or your opinion. Just the facts.

You mentioned NO and a NO inducer. You will induce AIDS like symptoms in yourself by consuming a lot of NO inducer and increasing nitrosamine stress. Careful

Dear Fellow CFS Patients,

People are wondering about the exact mechanism for how the Nitro supplements or Medications such as ISOBIDE work to improve or cure CFS. I researched this and already provided a detailed response at:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...on-me-cfs-treatments.34516/page-9#post-593617

This specific medicine ISOBIDE 20 mg was the one that finally broke the back of my viral disease, i had EBV for twenty years and its been gone since June, 2015.

As explained in my past postings on Phoenix Rising:

1- First got rid of my 17 year serious infection with Mycoplasma Pneumonia in year 2012. Never returned.
2- First got rid of my EBV viral infection which lasted 21 years in June 2015 after taking the Isobide 20 mg for 7 days at twice daily dosage in a special manner as prescribed in my postings. Not returned since then.
3- The only thing i have now is a remaining sub-normal immune system compared to my previous healthy condition of 1993, plus still have a parasite infection with worms in intestines, but these are gradually dying out with constant herbal flushes and enemas.
4- End result is that i am a normal person now for 1.5 years and without any symptoms of CFS, however I do catch more viruses then average healthy people. Luckily my diet and supplements look to be improving the immune dysfunction so as of November 2016, I am catching a mild respiratory virus every two months which is not bad at all. Sure beats CFS. For your information, back in 1993 i would get one virus per year on average.

As you may notice I don't return to this website too much because I achieved a cure, but do like to share what cured me. What cured me was:

1- Hard work, about twenty years of hard work to gain knowledge on how to beat this dangerous disease.
2- Taking things i didn't like,
3- Keeping an open but always scientific mind,
4- Ignoring idiots no matter how many degrees on their walls.
5- Believing in smart, intelligent people on this website and others..
6- Experimenting, Experimenting,and more Experimenting, with safe substances of mostly natural,but also safe pharmaceutical products that made sense, such as ISOBIDE.
7- Using logic. For example, i noticed in the successful test done on a patient who took NO, she had the sublingual type of tablet by chance, and this cured her. I thought deeply about this and linked the sublingual effect to the fact that our CFS viruses like CMV and EBV reside in the Salivary glands. This means that we should maintain a concentration on NO in our mouth with simulated chewing for 15 minutes, to infuse the glands with the NO filled Saliva effect that kills viruses. This saliva also reaches the full respiratory system if you study the role of saliva and how it transfers.
8- The knowledge available on the Phoenix Rising website allowed me to cure my CFS viral infections. But the bacterial Mycoplasma infection cure was from other sources and my own personal medical procedure or creativity..

Thank you and best of luck to you all,

Abdulrahman

Last edited by a moderator:

JES

Dear Fellow CFS Patients,

People are wondering about the exact mechanism for how the Nitro supplements or Medications such as ISOBIDE work to improve or cure CFS. I researched this and already provided a detailed response at:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...on-me-cfs-treatments.34516/page-9#post-593617

This specific medicine ISOBIDE 20 mg was the one that finally broke the back of my viral disease, i had EBV for twenty years and its been gone since June, 2015.

As explained in my past postings on Phoenix Rising:

1- First got rid of my 17 year serious infection with Mycoplasma Pneumonia in year 2012. Never returned.
2- First got rid of my EBV viral infection which lasted 21 years in June 2015 after taking the Isobide 20 mg for 7 days at twice daily dosage in a special manner as prescribed in my postings. Not returned since then.
3- The only thing i have now is a remaining sub-normal immune system compared to my previous healthy condition of 1993, plus still have a parasite infection with worms in intestines, but these are gradually dying out with constant herbal flushes and enemas.
4- End result is that i am a normal person now for 1.5 years and without any symptoms of CFS, however I do catch more viruses then average healthy people. Luckily my diet and supplements look to be improving the immune dysfunction so as of November 2016, I am catching a mild respiratory virus every two months which is not bad at all. Sure beats CFS. For your information, back in 1993 i would get one virus per year on average.

As you may notice I don't return to this website too much because I achieved a cure, but do like to share what cured me. What cured me was:

1- Hard work, about twenty years of hard work to gain knowledge on how to beat this dangerous disease.
2- Taking things i didn't like,
3- Keeping an open but always scientific mind,
4- Ignoring idiots no matter how many degrees on their walls.
5- Believing in smart, intelligent people on this website and others..
6- Experimenting, Experimenting,and more Experimenting, with safe substances of mostly natural,but also safe pharmaceutical products that made sense, such as ISOBIDE.
7- Using logic. For example, i noticed in the successful test done on a patient who took NO, she had the sublingual type of tablet by chance, and this cured her. I thought deeply about this and linked the sublingual effect to the fact that our CFS viruses like CMV and EBV reside in the Salivary glands. This means that we should maintain a concentration on NO in our mouth with simulated chewing for 15 minutes, to infuse the glands with the NO filled Saliva effect that kills viruses. This saliva also reaches the full respiratory system if you study the role of saliva and how it transfers.
8- The knowledge available on the Phoenix Rising website allowed me to cure my CFS viral infections. But the bacterial Mycoplasma infection cure was from other sources and my own personal medical procedure or creativity..

Thank you and best of luck to you all,

Abdulrahman

Just to clarify, are you saying that one week of Isosobride Dinitrate cured your CFS? If so, I would be willing to trial this supplement if I can find a pharmacy that will ship it in Europe. The patient of Fluge & Mella that you mentioned in this post used Imdur (Isosorbide Mononitrate, not the same as ISOBIDE), but it looks like her CFS regressed back when she stopped the medication.

Since these nitric oxide supplements often build up tolerance, I can't see this treatment working very well for CFS if you have to take these pills indefinitely. However, if one week is enough to "reset" something or kill a bunch of viruses, maybe it could work for a subset of us.