• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FIR, biomat, FIR-products?

Tiger Lily 813

Hi all,
I recently discovered how wonderful the far infrared sauna is, but I can't have one in my apartment, and can't afford to go to the spa as often as I would like.
Do you think the biomat is a good alternative?
Or is an infrared heating pad better?
I am hesitant to invest in this gear before I know which would best suit me. That reminds me, there are also infrared suits...! Kind of outer space looking, but I'm open to that as well... And there are the infrared bags, and something that looks like a tent.

If you have an opinion on these products please share. I'm trying to gather research before I purchase.
Basically, what I am looking for is something that can provide a benefit similar to the FIR sauna.
And hopefully won't break the bank.

I sincerely appreciate your responses <3

@lef07003 I was reading something you'd written about the biomat. Please let me know any other info you have on that, or if you could please the model you have purchased, or if you'd like to send me that info privately, any info would help : )
Thank you!!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I think @Sushi this is something you might know about.

I've had a Biomat for many years--it just keeps going! I got it because of space considerations but do like it very much. I got one that had been used as a demo in Health Fairs and thus was sold at a discount. They also let me try it for a month before buying it.

I use it on the couch with thick towels under and over me and a down comforter on top to give the sauna effect. It is not going to cure me but does help with symptoms and detox, in my experience.

Sushi

Tiger Lily 813

Thanks for your recommendation : )))
I should mention, the main issues I am looking to resolve with FIR and related products are detoxing of metals, pathogen and parasite killing and strengthening the immune system.
The FIR sauna had an effect even on the first session, gave me some relief from IBS and stomach spasming, as well as a feeling that things are shifting to the way they should be.
I can't wait to go back!!

Tiger Lily 813

Thanks @Martial ! I was just looking at the better health guy site last night : )

It is really a shame about the costs of these things, I am young, broke & on my own and I feel sometimes like everything pertaining to this illness has such a price tag. That is not how it should be.

I will maybe contact the guy from that website and see if he can make any lower cost recommendations..

@ggingues that is interesting you go to a chiro’s office for the FIR. I will look into that too; I have just been going to kind of shi shi spa centers. Maybe a chiro’s office would be willing to make me a better deal : )

Thanks!!

*GG*

I haven't taken them up on the offer yet, want to try one month, when I know I will have a lot of free time,, to utiilize it as much as I can. I have been doing detox (CSM) for years, with chlorella, so not sure how much toxins I would have anyways, hopefully not much! I had my almagams removed years ago also. Had metals testing done via challenge test, did it again and mercury and another metal, were lower. And have done years of CSM since then, I think I still had my amalgams in though, when I did the 2nd round of testing w/challenge?

GG

Hi tiger lily

I love my biomat. I use it at low temps just for relaxation and comfort. I am really anxious in the morning and find it so soothing. I'm sure it helps with detox but I have to say I never know what's what. My family loves it too. I'd be glad to give you more info if you'd like but it's one of the best investments I have made.

cb2

I am trying a biomat on a 60day trial period. curious how folks start with it ? time/ temp?
also it has a horrible smell.. not sure why i am trying to let it off gas outside while the temp is cranked up.. i did lay on it the first 2 days after getting it then i realized the smell was not a good one.

Sushi

I am trying a biomat on a 60day trial period. curious how folks start with it ? time/ temp?
I started with about 5 minutes on a very low heat--more than that I didn't tolerate. I built up slowly. Mine didn't seem to need to outgas but it was one that was discounted as it had been used for demo at health fairs.

cb2

thank you @Sushi what did you find happen with the longer time? I found i didnt sleep at all the nite after i had used the biomat... i hope what ever it is off gassing with didn't get put into my system..

the mat i have is supposed to be a return that someone had used during the trial period and decided not to keep it.. it was $1195 which is a chunk of change. when i read one of the sites it says that the "fake' biomats off -gas. so i am really confused. hard to know what to trust. I am glad you like yours and it is working well. thanks for the reply

Sushi

what did you find happen with the longer time?
It was many years ago, so I can't really remember except that it increased some symptoms. But the fact that it was many years ago, shows that these mats last a long time!
when i read one of the sites it says that the "fake' biomats off -gas. so i am really confused. hard to know what to trust. I am glad you like yours and it is working well. thanks for the reply
I haven't heard of fake biomats. Did you buy from a well-known company? Have you closely compared the mat that you have with photos on one of the official sites? I'd think that if there are "fake" ones out there, there would be some visible differences.

cb2

thank you @Sushi I think I have cleared the off gassing. I did get it from a well known company and the guy was helpful in explaining how to clear it.

i am trying to see if it will be any benefit. too soon to tell i guess. I am trying to work with it everyday. thanks for your support.

thank you @Sushi I think I have cleared the off gassing. I did get it from a well known company and the guy was helpful in explaining how to clear it.

i am trying to see if it will be any benefit. too soon to tell i guess. I am trying to work with it everyday. thanks for your support.

Can you tell me how you "cleared" it? I just got a Migun mat and the vinyl is a little smellier than I would like. I have been running it on high temp in another room hoping the heat will help.

also it has a horrible smell.. not sure why i am trying to let it off gas outside while the temp is cranked up.. i did lay on it the first 2 days after getting it then i realized the smell was not a good one.
Can you tell me where you got the 60 day trial period? When I look at the main site it said 7 which is why I went with a different compnay

JasonUT

I have a portable FIR Sauna. There are many to choose from on Amazon or ebay. It's the only thing I could afford.

I don't have anything else to compare to, but I do like it. I used to use it daily for 30 minutes while watching TV.

cb2

HI
i aired out the biomat i had gotten by placing it outside on high and i also had a fan running on it. the guy i got it from said he aired his out just laying it on high on his bed with a ceiling fan running.

the place i got the 60day trial is called "healing arts garden" but looking at his website now, it looks like 7 days only.
sometimes he does have reduced rates on the open box items and returns..or knows folks selling slightly used ones. his name is Chris Pyne. he is really nice.