• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

left side.

Fuzzyhead

Anyone else have left sided pain? My left side of head feels like it's been hit with a hammer, my left eye feels weird, left side of front and my back and ribs are sore, left hip and left ankle. My heads horrendous and i feel dizzy and shattered.

Dr Bell once noted that patients with this have one side worse than the other.

With me, the left foot is always worse than the right and my massagist and chiropract usually tell me that the left side of the back is worse/more sensitive to pain.

Seven7

Seven
Left side most everything that goes wrong w me is on the left too.
No answer so far.

Jan

I'm a leftie too. Left sided migraines, head pain, neuralgia, neuropathy left hip and leg. My left arm is weak and shakes if I try to carry something. My left leg will always be the one that gives out. I also have numbness and pins and needles in left arm.

taniaaust1

We've on several occassions had discussions on one sided symptoms. For some reason which has always come up in these discussions, at least 2/3 of us who get one sided symptoms get them on the left side.. Ive found this to be so at two different ME/CFS websites (so I guess something is more so going wrong in our right side of our brain seeing brain signals crosses over past the eyes).

Maybe its just pure chance that its been the left but I would like to see this studied as whenever Ive seen this subject brought up, its always more common on the left so maybe there is something to be learnt from this.

When I get one sided neuro symptoms eg leg and one foot dragging behind the other as I tried to walk, it was always on the left side.

taniaaust1

I'm a leftie too. Left sided migraines, head pain, neuralgia, neuropathy left hip and leg. My left arm is weak and shakes if I try to carry something. My left leg will always be the one that gives out. I also have numbness and pins and needles in left arm.

The left arm being weak and shaking may be explainable if you were right handed and hence having that left side weaker then your other side but then that doesnt explain as it doesnt explain you or the rest of us who have left side things happen such as why ones left leg would have issues the right doesnt.

Anyone else have left sided pain? My left side of head feels like it's been hit with a hammer, my left eye feels weird, left side of front and my back and ribs are sore, left hip and left ankle. My heads horrendous and i feel dizzy and shattered.

There used to be conjecture that ME/CFS origin is infection settled at some point on the HPA axis, which is left side. Just another guess, probably.