• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where did I get mercury poisoning?

It sounds like I have all the symptoms of mercury toxicity but I don't have any dental fillings, so could I still have it? Could I still have mercury in my body from vaccines as a child?

I am extremely nervous and startle very easily. I have tachycardia and mood swings, as well as blurry vision. My short term memory is bad but I am good at remembering other things. When I was taking curcumin, I shook really badly, felt like passing out a lot, had stomach pains, trouble breathing, kind of a tingling feeling on my face and extremities, pain and tightness in my chest and shoulders. I think it is because it raises thiols. Any sulfur or thiol foods give me palpitations and I heard that is due to mercury toxicity. But I don't have any dental work so I guess it came from vaccines? I had sensory processing disorder as a child and I think aspergers.

Also, I can't seem to get enough b12 even though I take a lot! And I just read that those exposed before birth have hypermobile joints. That's me! I was born with a dislocated hip as well.

Hip

Do you eat a lot of tuna fish, or restaurant sushi? These contain mercury. See this post. You can also be exposed to mercury if a mercury thermometer gets broken in the home, and the mercury is not cleaned up (it can then evaporate as mercury vapor, which is breathed in). Very old electrical equipment can contain mercury tilt switches, which if broken in the home can lead to the same problem.

Have you considered the Doctor's Data hair analysis test for mercury? If you want to detox, then the Cutler protocol seems to be the one that people tend to use.

Your symptoms might be due to some other reason though. Although it is considered an alternative health diagnosis, one thing worth considering is pyroluria. This supposedly can give people a nervous disposition. You can be tested for pyroluria, but it can be easier to try the treatment for pyroluria, which is vitamin B6 and zinc, and see if that reduces nervousness.

I have done a hair analysis but it didn't show high mercury. I know it can be hidden though. I want to get Cutler's book, I just found out about it on this forum. I don't eat a lot of fish, and it doesn't seem like I have a lot of exposure but it sounds so much like me. I was tested for pyroluria but it was just borderline. Do you think it could still cause these symptoms? I didn't notice any improvement from taking b6 and zinc. I stopped taking the zinc because any mineral supplements give me palpitations. Is this due to metal toxicity?

Hip

Have you seen a doctor about any of your symptoms? If so, what did they say?

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
A urine collection done after the administration of a pharmaceutical metal detoxification agent such as EDTA, DMSA or DMPS in a doctor's office would give you a good overview of the toxic metals you have in your body.

https://www.doctorsdata.com/urine-toxic-metals

Analysis of the levels of toxic metals in urine after the administration of a metal detoxification agent is an objective way to evaluate the accumulation of toxic metals. Acute metal poisoning is rare. More common, however, is a chronic, low-level exposure to toxic metals that can result in significant retention in the body that can be associated with a vast array of adverse health effects and chronic disease.

You need to go through a doctor to have this test done. It can't be done on your own.
https://www.doctorsdata.com/how-to-order/
Licensed practitioners can order Doctor's Data collection kits for clinical samples and test results will be delivered electronically worldwide and hard copy reports can be requested within the United States and Canada. Doctor's Data does not discuss interpretation of results with patients, and any such inquiries will be referred back to the ordering provider.

Have you seen a doctor about any of your symptoms? If so, what did they say?

The first one treated me for an ulcer even though he knew it didn't explain all my symptoms. Another time, they thought I was having a panic attack or something and just not breathing good. Another doctor thought I had hyperthyroidism but if anything I have a slow thyroid. They always think I'm pregnant or getting my period. They don't take me seriously and I think they're disrespectful.

Tammy

Mercury can be passed down from generation to generation.....mother to baby. Mercury saturation in the 1800's was insane. Mercury elixirs were passed out like candy. That is one way a person can have mercury in their body. (inherited)...............and yes you can still have mercury in your body from when you had vaccinations. Testing isn't reliable in my opinion unless you know for sure that you had a recent exposure and it was still in the blood. Otherwise.........tests can't pick up mercury that is lodged in brain or elsewhere in the CNS.

Mercury can be passed down from generation to generation.....mother to baby. Mercury saturation in the 1800's was insane. Mercury elixirs were passed out like candy. That is one way a person can have mercury in their body. (inherited)...............and yes you can still have mercury in your body from when you had vaccinations. Testing isn't reliable in my opinion unless you know for sure that you had a recent exposure and it was still in the blood. Otherwise.........tests can't pick up mercury that is lodged in brain or elsewhere in the CNS.

Thank you! It sounds like I could have inherited it since I have hypermobile joints. That's what I read in Cutler's book excerpt anyway!