• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Candidiasis in the gastrointestinal

allyann

Has anyone been diagnosed with candidiasis in the stomach? If so did you experience an improvement after treatment?

I have just been to an allergist who told me that it is very common with irritable bowel syndrome and CFS. I am starting anti-fungals today. He said that it may also help once the yeast infection is gone with all my allergies and intolerances.

ukxmrv

Yes, it sounds similar to the spiel I was given in the 80's. No, I didn't have any improvement in either ME or stomach or allergy symptoms after treatment.

Treatment was anti-fungals, diet and supplements. One of the drugs nystatin made me feel weak and poisoned. This was blamed on a "herxheimer" reaction but the longer it went on the worse I was. Ended up on another drug after that. The "herx" went away.

Once I had recovered from the drugs there was no change to my symptoms.

hixxy

One of the drugs nystatin made me feel weak and poisoned. This was blamed on a "herxheimer" reaction but the longer it went on the worse I was. Ended up on another drug after that. The "herx" went away.

I had a similar experience with nystatin in 2011. I naively persevered with it for 2 weeks thinking it was "herx" (most overused term ever) and I even lost a bunch of weight. I put it down to some kind of hypersensitivity response, but I managed to use nystatin again a year or so later without problems, but also no benefits.

@allyann Despite repeated diagnosis of gastrointestinal candidiasis, even with it showing up on stool sample, I've only ever found antifungals to make my dysbiosis worse, or no benefit at all. The few times I've had effective (albeit temporarily) dysbiosis treatment has been with antibiotics.

@Violeta Do you think that might be because you didn't actually have a candida problem and just needed something anti-inflammatory?

Last edited:

Violeta

@Violeta Do you think that might be because you didn't actually have a candida problem and just needed something anti-inflammatory?[/QUOTE]

No, I think it's because of the aloe ferox working in a different way than the earlier ideas of starving the candida by eating very low carbs, or regaining the microbiome with probiotics, or killing the candida with herbs.

Monolaurin also gave some relief for candida and viral issues, but doesn't heal the digestive tract, so the benefits are limited.

Aloe covers a lot more bases such as liver detox (the bitter constituent helps with that); the improved bile flow helps clean the intestines. It has so many constituents that help the digestive tract.

To read about the many benefits of aloe....

http://www.aloelf.com/wp-content/uploads/aloe-vera/aloebook.pdf

And for the best source of the most potent type of aloe...

http://www.immunologic.net/

Tammy

Olive leaf, oregano, fresh garlic, thyme, rosemary can help. Staying away from grains (as best you can).......dairy, sugar.