• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IACFS/ME conference in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on October 27-30

Tom Kindlon

IACFS/ME conference in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on October 27-30 (Some information aimed at patients and caregivers):
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Where does rituximab fit in among the treatment options for ME/CFS?

What is the US government's research plan?

How can I increase the chances my disability application will be or
continue to be approved?

What medications can I try for fibromyalgia now that morphine and
related prescriptions are restricted?

Come to our international scientific conference October 27-30, 2016 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida to find out the answers to these and other questions!

The International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (IACFS/ME) and the Institute for Neuro-Immune Medicine at Nova Southeastern University (NSU) cordially invite you, your colleagues, and members of the public to attend IACFS/ME’s 12th Biennial International Scientific Conference!

Highlights of the conference include:

A day-long series of talks October 27 aimed at patients and their caregivers – hear from national and international experts!

A choice of 5 different afternoon workshops to attend

Dr. Vicky Whittemore and National Institutes of Health staff discussing their renewed ME/CFS research program

Drs. Øystein Fluge and Olav Mella from Norway along with Dr. Dan Peterson discussing the latest in treatment options and research

A rest and relaxation room to take a break.

Presentation of the latest research and special discussion forums October 28-30. The public may also attend these days for an extra fee.

REGISTER BEFORE OCTOBER 27 AND SAVE $25-$50! Visit the conference website (http://iacfsme.org/Conferences/2016-Fort-Lauderdale/Meeting-Home.aspx) for more information and to register for the meeting. There will also be a separate pre-conference session hosted by the Institute for Neuro Immune Medicine Oct. 26. Visit www.nova.edu/nim for more information.
Spread the word!

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
Do they ever sell DVD's? I still wish I could've gone to the last one. Not likely to be able to go this time either. Anyone planning to go and tweet or post summaries of the sessions?

Tom Kindlon

Do they ever sell DVD's? I still wish I could've gone to the last one. Not likely to be able to go this time either. Anyone planning to go and tweet or post summaries of the sessions?
I don't recall any cheap/affordable DVDs. I recall one set being in the region of $250.

Mark

It's almost certainly too late for me to be mentioning this, but just in case...if anyone is attending the conference (or would like to attend) who would like to do some tweeting for Phoenix Rising, or write an article (about anything really, whether it be some or all of the science, or the experience of attending the conference, or whatever) then Phoenix Rising would be able to pay for some or all of your expenses, and there's also the option of paying you for one or more articles, depending on what you might like to do in terms of tweeting or articles. If you're interested, please start a Conversation with me.

Hutan

Do they ever sell DVD's?

If they live streamed the conference, I'm sure people would pay something to register to listen. I would.

That would raise money for IACFSME and clearly recognise the nature of this illness - it's very hard for PWME to travel and sit all day and to afford the cost.

Live streaming would probably also help get the latest news out to the medical profession as they could choose to be educated with far less effort and cost.

Same holds true for other ME conferences.

JaimeS

I hope some people consider rooming together to save money if they do decide to go. The room is by far the highest cost, but it can't be avoided: the rooms have to be where the conference is, for sick folk. But why not double up and halve the price? I hope lots of patients come!

-J

Timaca

I am going as well. Regarding Jaime S. suggestion about sharing a room.....I currently have booked a 2 bedroom 2 bath full kitchen room at the Premier Hotel, 4 blocks north of the conference. I would consider sharing the second bedroom to a female non-smoker. The rate is cheaper than the conference hotel room, and it is the #1 ranked hotel on Trip Advisor. If interested, PM me.......

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just a little bump for this, which starts tomorrow.

Am I right in thinking that there's no livestreaming?

Is anyone going to be tweeting?

Mark

Just a little bump for this, which starts tomorrow.

Am I right in thinking that there's no livestreaming?

Is anyone going to be tweeting?
I'm working today on getting us a tweeter, or a tweet team...if anybody attending is interested in being part of a PR team tweeting from the PR twitter account, please register your interest here and I'll contact you with the details.