• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone tried restore?

Has anyone tried a product called restore, for sealing tight junctions?
Supposedly it contains signaling molecules, normally produced by a healthy micro flora, and has a positive effect on tight junctions.

Regards,
Viking

Ysabelle-S

Highly Vexatious
Supposedly it contains signaling molecules, normally produced by a healthy micro flora, and has a positive effect on tight junctions.

Regards,
Viking

I've never heard of this, but your thread title made me think of system restore in computers, and how wonderful it would be if we could have a system restore for our bodies, where we could roll back to a date before the onset of illness.

Good luck getting an answer to your question though.

TigerLilea

Regards,
Viking
You need to know what gut bacteria you are over or under producing in order to fix any gut issues you have. One size does not fit all unfortunately.

A reset button would indeed be delightful. :)
In this case though, these are redox signaling molecules, normally made by a healthy gut micro biome. Supposedly it seals tight junctions, and helps restore normal gut microbe diversity. From the literature it seems this is an additional avenue beyond the usual probiotics and enzymes approach. But id love to hear from anyone that has actually tried it.

Viking

ErdemX

I've finished one big bottle but I can't say I have noticed any difference on any of my symptoms. But probably it is intended to be used for a longer period.

Gingergrrl

I've finished one big bottle but I can't say I have noticed any difference on any of my symptoms. But probably it is intended to be used for a longer period.

I just Googled this out of curiousity and can't tell, is Restore a liquid drink, a pill or something else? It doesn't seem to list which probiotics are in it... Unless it is not actually a probiotic? Is it for leaky gut?

TigerLilea

I found this on CFS Remission:

I am an ex Science Teacher and I know what Lignite is… It is brown coal,the lowest rank of coal and is a soft brown combustible sedimentary rock formed from naturally compressed peat. So we may actually be looking at a peat extract. The ingredient list read like a fine laboratory analysis of just that! Coal!

Gingergrrl

My understanding is its not a probiotic. But a product of soil based microbes.

What does that mean or what would it do vs. a probiotic? I don't plan to try it and never heard of it before today but am just curious b/c I probably will be trying some kind of probiotic in the future.

What does that mean or what would it do vs. a probiotic? I don't plan to try it and never heard of it before today but am just curious b/c I probably will be trying some kind of probiotic in the future.

From my reading of the literature, it sounds like the product contains a large set of messaging chemicals that are normally produced by bacteria, rather than including the bacteria themselves. So its not a probiotic per se. Sorry I cant give more details, I'm trying to learn about it myself.

Gingergrrl

Be VERY careful with this - most are pretty bad for MCAS patients.

I definitely would not be trying Restore and it would be something different. Do you know why they are bad in general or does it depend on the strain that you use?

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I definitely would not be trying Restore and it would be something different. Do you know why they are bad in general or does it depend on the strain that you use?
It depends on the strain, some lower histamine, but others (most) in crease it massively. I had a three month severe exacerbation of MCAS after just one dose of an inappropriate probiotic.