• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In memory of Justin Noble - Justin30 on PR

I just came across this post of Justin's :

That makes many of us. This illness is wretched. I must say.

After reading through symptoms lists i explained to my parents until u experience this it is unfathomable.

I have talked to people that have gotten through the worst and they do exist.

I just dont know what else to say.

I am holding onto faith at this point acceptance and a glimmer of hope.

I hope that our children and others never have to experience illness or the list of other severely debilitating chronic diseases.

This is a very cruel disease in its severe form.

Keep holding on you never know whats around the corner

So sad.

I never had the chance of interacting directly with him but being a fellow canadian of his' I followed closely the recent discussion on the CIHR catalyst grant refusal for ME/CFS.

His many comments there conveyed such a powerful and desperate sense of how humanely wrong and unfair that refusal was.

Here's an exerpt of what he wrote, just a month ago, a poignant one in light of this tragic news:

"Canada just proves patient suffering and treatment for the most crippling, but wont kill you disease that exists Canada is not making this a significant part of their healthcare concerns"

I dare say he would now want us to state loud and clear, that, yes it can, kill you.

*GG*

So sorry for everyones loss, such a shocker, never chatted with him, he always posted good stuff. Hope we can take bigger bites out of this illness, so we can try to stop this from happening, and give our younger sufferers More hope for the future!

I know this Forum is a lifeline for me, learned a lot, keeps me abreast of News and Research, nice to try to give back by Participating in Contests, just really hurts when we lose such great members.

GG

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Justin's parents at the Missing Millions in May. Remember how Justin was asking for our input on the best message to put on the posters? Here is what they decided on:
index.php

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Posted on behalf of Justin's parents:

To the Phoenix Rising Forum: A Message from the Family of “Justin30”.

From his Mom and Dad, we first want to thank you so very much for all the wonderful and beautiful comments about our son, Justin.

The PR Forum was Justin’s attachment to the outside world and he spoke of it often when he was in his dark room. He often talked about the people and what he heard and some of the important feedback he was getting. In retrospect, if he didn’t have the Forum, he would have been totally alone – people on the Forum were part of his lifeline. All of you meant so much to him and if Justin had been fortunate enough to get better, I’m not sure you would have had a better advocate for ME/CFS than him. Justin was passionate about the illness and spent hours trying to find a way to make not only himself, but everyone else better as well.

Justin used to be a vibrant, busy young man. Hockey and fishing were his passions; his most recent passion of course being his son Jace. Jace is not yet 6 months old but we will make sure he knows who his father was and how much he loved him in just that short time.

Justin had 4 siblings – all wonderful and caring individuals. Our eldest daughter spent hours researching and getting advice trying to help him. It wasn’t an individual illness – it was a family illness. I’m sure in many of your cases, the same is true.

As a Mom, the first time I read the thread of PR, I sobbed most of the way through. I waited and last night was able to read it all again a second time and realized how wonderful and caring all of you are.

We miss Justin so much. He was a wonderful young man with an infectious smile and a loving personality.

Thank you all so much for caring and for writing all those wonderful things about our son. We will pray for each and every one of you to keep up what strength and determination you have. Justin’s Dad used to tell him over and over again – son, do not give up hope.

Gingergrrl

Thank you to Justin's parents for sharing that beautiful message with us. I had the privilege to chat with him almost every day via PM since August (b/c we had some similarities in our cases and treatments) and wanted to share that he spoke often about how much his family rallied around him in recent months. I know he had a deep love for his family from what he wrote and am hoping this will bring you some comfort and with time, may his memory bring you blessings and peace. We deeply miss you, Justin.