• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Spoonie Film Club

Arius

Spoonie Film Club is a weekly virtual support group for spoonies, in which we watch movies together online and chat in the side bar. Many of our movie choices are related to chronic illness and disability.

We meet on Thursday evenings at 7pm EST in colitiscoping's room on rabb.it. Films start at 7:30pm.

For more information about Spoonie Film Club, including how to join, go here.

Spoonie Film Club updates and related posts can be found here, or by searching the hashtags #spoonie film club or #spoonie movie night on tumblr.

Find out more here: https://illness-and-intersectionality.com/

ebethc

Spoonie Film Club is a weekly virtual support group for spoonies, in which we watch movies together online and chat in the side bar. Many of our movie choices are related to chronic illness and disability.

We meet on Thursday evenings at 7pm EST in colitiscoping's room on rabb.it. Films start at 7:30pm.

For more information about Spoonie Film Club, including how to join, go here.

Spoonie Film Club updates and related posts can be found here, or by searching the hashtags #spoonie film club or #spoonie movie night on tumblr.

Find out more here: https://illness-and-intersectionality.com/

what time zone?

hellytheelephant

That is sooooooo cool! Very good site and I like your attitude re films featuring disabilty, I will check out if I can cope with the time difference( when I am more awake - it's 8.30 am here...)

Hello to Jason Isaacs BTW

Arius

@ebethc - The timezone is Eastern Standard (EST).

@hellytheelephant - Hey, Helly! Spoonie film club is absolutely free. It's just a thing run by and for chronically ill folks. The club was actually started by my friend Niki, and the blog is hers. I am temporarily promoting and facilitating the film club at the moment so that she can focus her obviously very limited energy on other things.

I hope you can both make it out!