• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Solve ME/CFS Initiative: Patient Perspectives Vital in Shaping ME/CFS Research

AndyPR

smci.jpg

SMCI Research Advisory Council and Board of Directors meeting participants, pictured left to right, back to front: Michel Silvestri, PhD, Sweden; Sheila Stewart, PhD, WashU; Vicky Whittemore, PhD, NIH (guest); Natalie Block, MD, MPA, Mount Auburn; SMCI President Carol Head; John Nicols; Beth Garfield; Fred Friedberg; Vicky Boies, Aaron Paas; Diane Bean; Cindy Bateman, MD, Bateman Horne Center; Sue Levine, MD, CFSAC; Anthony Komaroff, MD, Harvard; Rick Sprout; Michael Atherton; SMCI Vice President for Research and Scientific Programs Zaher Nahle, PhD, MPA; Jose Montoya, MD, Stanford; Peter Rowe, MD, Johns Hopkins Medical Center; not pictured: Andy Kogelnik, MD, PhD, Open Medicine Institute.

Patient Perspectives Vital in Shaping ME/CFS Research
In last week’s issue of Research 1st, we highlighted a recent, full-day meeting of the SMCI Research Advisory Council (RAC) held in the DC area. Within that piece, we detailed presentations and remarks from key thought leaders in ME/CFS research, including Drs. Komaroff, Montoya, Kogelnik, Levine, Rowe, and Bateman.

That productive day was filled with fruitful discussions and candid exchanges on how to move the ME/CFS research field forward. Numerous avenues of collaboration were established, and ongoing efforts for partnerships and cross-pollination through the SMCI network were strengthened to create value on behalf of patients.

Click to read more

trishrhymes

Don't suppose you could send the link to Prof Steven Holgate?;)
He probably thinks he's ticked that box by involving AFME and AYME. He may not be aware of the problem in this. Didn't I read somewhere that he consulted Wessley for advice on which CFS 'experts' to involve?

Last edited: